Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: MWill

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    the coverage on the 4th down play was fine, basically a perfectly placed ball.
    Exactly but lets just be thankful that route wasn't run one yard further inside the out of bounds line. Very good coverage by Marcus, perfect ball placement by GSU and like I said if the receiver isn't right on the sideline he might have scored.

love the guy, cant wait to sew him on Sundays......just wish he would learn to tackle better

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    He was lulled into sleep a little bit tonight. MWILL is a somewhat cocky player who doesn't always line up with intensity. He sorta just lays back and gives the receiver a step or two because he know's he can always catch up. He fell asleep on the pass tonight trying to defend the option which was obvious on that last pass play late in the game. That is the beauty or nemesis of the option, depending which side of the ball you line up on. MWILL definitely has to become a better tackler if he wants to play on Sundays, but he is a 1000X better tackler than he was when he was a freshman and 500X better than last year. Yes, poor attempt at a tackle in open space late in the game.

Make no doubt about it, if MWill wants to make a play, he will make a play. The problem is he has a little Randy Moss in him. He isn't always giving 100% because at this level, he doesn't always have to. Kinda of a man playing with boys type of thing. Make no doubt about it, he has the skills and talent to play on Sundays, but he will definitely need to have his head in the game 100% of the time in order to play at the next level.
    Lulled into sleep? Makes a play if he wants to make a play? I don't buy it.

How the hell can you be lulled into sleep when it is 4th down, the opposing team puts in their throwing QB (#11), and you are manned up and the guy blows past you? He just plain and simply shit down his leg on that play. It happens to the best of players and it happened to MWill on that one.

But, that was not as bad as Polasek calling for a blocked punt when the Bison knew they would have good field position and are making GSU punt from their endzone. Oh well, it was about time for me to take Polasek of his pedestal anyway. I think he was getting tired of sitting up there all this time

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

How the hell can you be lulled into sleep when it is 4th down, the opposing team puts in their throwing QB (#11), and you are manned up and the guy blows past you? He just plain and simply shit down his leg on that play. It happens to the best of players and it happened to MWill on that one.

But, that was not as bad as Polasek calling for a blocked punt when the Bison knew they would have good field position and are making GSU punt from their endzone. Oh well, it was about time for me to take Polasek of his pedestal anyway. I think he was getting tired of sitting up there all this time
    + 1.

I was shocked by the minimum 10 yards of separation between Marcus and him.
    Say my name

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

Thanks. Now I dont have to make that post.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Contact by both players but not enough for PI on either guy. Great defensive play by MWill and perfect pass by GSU.
    Meh, what do you know anyway...

Seriously, though. Contact both ways, yes, but only one player's reactions kept the other from making a play on the ball. It was hard to see but his arm was pinned and his speed was slowed until just before the ball slipped in.
    Insert something clever here...

Don't know what you saw Orygun, just watched it there was nothing to call. Unless we're talking about a different play? Don't think he was on Swopes when he attempted the shoulder tackle on Swopes play.

Mwill jammed him at the line and then released and was running side by side, Mwill slowed a bit when he looked back to the ball, to me it just looked like he tripped when he was trying to set himself up for jumping/leaping whatever he was going to do on the ball, he just missed it even after tripping the receiver did nothing. the ESPN replay showed it clearly from the endzone corner camera for the entirety of the play.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Don't know what you saw Orygun, just watched it there was nothing to call. Unless we're talking about a different play? Don't think he was on Swopes when he attempted the shoulder tackle on Swopes play.

Mwill jammed him at the line and then released and was running side by side, Mwill slowed a bit when he looked back to the ball, to me it just looked like he tripped when he was trying to set himself up for jumping/leaping whatever he was going to do on the ball, he just missed it even after tripping the receiver did nothing. the ESPN replay showed it clearly from the endzone corner camera for the entirety of the play.
    He wasnt, Beck bit on the run and it was his responsibility to be on Swope, still bad tackling by Marcus though.

agreed at minimum try to put your arms around him.

Not exactly a great moment to have highlighted on SportsCenter Top 10.

Corners have to be like QBs. Short memory. Get beat? Forget it and play on.

The LB (Beck) got outrun by Swope on that pass play. Not too surprising since that guy has serious speed. I don't think Marcus wanted anything to do with taking Swope on. Hence, the shoulder bump. He's not the only corner in football who might not have the desire to take on a 230 pound back.

The long pass at the end was perfectly thrown to a speedy receiver. Won't be the last time that happens to Marcus. Especially if he does get an NFL shot. He'll just get back out there and compete. Nobody's perfect.