Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I don't believe the Jets gave Williams anything. He earned it. Jensen will have to do the same.
    This is a great opportunity for Marcus to audition for a roster spot somewhere. It might allow him to stick with the Jets. Then again, the Jets have the worst defensive backfield in the NFL and I see a big shakeup coming before next year. Nobody will be safe.

Consider the Jets as the Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL. The perfect place to get reps and open some eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    This is a great opportunity for Marcus to audition for a roster spot somewhere. It might allow him to stick with the Jets. Then again, the Jets have the worst defensive backfield in the NFL and I see a big shakeup coming before next year. Nobody will be safe.

Consider the Jets as the Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL. The perfect place to get reps and open some eyes.
    There are 120-150 CB jobs in the NFL. MWill only needs one of them to make money playing on Sundays. We have all watched pro football and rolled our eyes at CB play at times. The bottom 40 jobs are always up for grabs. If he takes one of those, he then has the opportunity to get into the top 75 who stick around for a few years. I have thought he will be playing on Sundays at some point, so now is as good a time as any. If a guy can work himself into the middle of a depth chart of a NFL roster at any position, they will be around for a while. It is all about playing on Sundays at that third year of your career.

Worse case scenario is he plays a few games for the Jets and never plays again. How many guys would take that for a dream in their lifetime? I think his ceiling is much higher than that, but he is still doing something only a very very small percentage of men who have ever dreamed of playing pro football has done. Tell me he isn't on a very fun ride right now. If he works hard, he will probably get to stay on it.

Lastly, this is just another positive step for Bison athletics. Our coaches can sit in a young man's living room and look him in the eyes and say this program can help you live a dream. You can come here, get an education, contribute to championships, and if you work hard enough, you will get a shot at the next level.

Yeah because NDSU has ever stood in the way of NFL dreams in the past...if only we had former players in the league before Marcus...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Yeah because NDSU has ever stood in the way of NFL dreams in the past...if only we had former players in the league before Marcus...
    You know that wasn't what I meant. Give me a fucking break.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    You know that wasn't what I meant. Give me a fucking break.

Haha, sorry, I was just being a smartass
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Haha, sorry, I was just being a smartass
    I figured you were just being a smartass.

By the way, my last paragraph wasn't about MWill specifically.

New York espn blog

6. So let's get this straight: Ryan held a three-man cornerback competition last week in practice between an undrafted rookie (Marcus Williams) and two veterans (Josh Thomas and Phillip Adams), both from John Idzik's previous team, the Seattle Seahawks -- and he picks Williams to start. Hmm, I wonder if there was a subliminal message there. As it turned out, Williams -- straight from the practice squad -- didn't embarrass himself. You certainly could read a lot into this situation.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly, the Jets are a perfect situation for Marcus (I'm happy for him that he isn't with the Seahawks for example). It's a whole lot easier to shine bright in a windowless basement than at high noon in Death Valley

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Honestly, the Jets are a perfect situation for Marcus (I'm happy for him that he isn't with the Seahawks for example). It's a whole lot easier to shine bright in a windowless basement than at high noon in Death Valley
    Exactly.

The Jets will have a new coaching staff and GM next season. This is about getting some good video and see what happens.