Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

I think he started buying into his own press.
    He's young. Hard not to.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Marcus Williams was one of the greatest players ever at NDSU.

Please don't slam Williams just because Lakes is co-opting him in order to draw attention to himself (like he does with Ebola, the FBS, murders, and every other theme he hammers on - it's not about the issue, it's about getting attention*.)

* That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Please don't slam Williams just because Lakes is co-opting him in order to draw attention to himself (like he does with Ebola, the FBS, murders, and every other theme he hammers on - it's not about the issue, it's about getting attention*.)

Don't disagree with this. He will always be remembered and should be. His last year he was injured and maybe he just never got up to speed. But his attitude seemed to change. That said he will always be one of my favorites.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Could not agree more.. Every player gets beat. People just bring it up to get under lakes skin. It a pay back if you will when he goes in to his m will masturbation rants.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I have laid out my arguments for him being #1. All I here as counter argument is 1-2 passes that were thrown perfectly over him. Wow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I have laid out my arguments for him being #1. All I here as counter argument is 1-2 passes that were thrown perfectly over him. Wow
    I would say Tyrone Braxton would have a valid arguement otherwise. 12-13 years in NFL, and drafted!! Put Tyrone in Tampa 2 and defending the pass way more than back in the 80's and let the numbers roll. Tyrone was also a very good punt and kick returner, and also holds the school record (to this day I believe) in the longjump. At 5'11' he could dunk a basketball easily (even reverse dunks) and was a lot faster than MWill. That said, MWill is certainly Top 10 player in NDSU history. And don't say Tyrone didn't or couldn't have played to the competition of FCS, as he proved that bullshit wrong by his NFL career.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I would say Tyrone Braxton would have a valid arguement otherwise. 12-13 years in NFL, and drafted!! Put Tyrone in Tampa 2 and defending the pass way more than back in the 80's and let the numbers roll. Tyrone was also a very good punt and kick returner, and also holds the school record (to this day I believe) in the longjump. At 5'11' he could dunk a basketball easily (even reverse dunks) and was a lot faster than MWill. That said, MWill is certainly Top 10 player in NDSU history. And don't say Tyrone didn't or couldn't have played to the competition of FCS, as he proved that bullshit wrong by his NFL career.
    We have a Bingo........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I completely agree and his individual skills allowed the TEAM to do things other teams couldn't. He didn't need safety help allowing Heagle to cheat up to help the run or cover the pitchman. On one play, GSU played it perfect and went over the top with a double move knowing MWill wouldn't have anyone there to help him. That happens and it happened at not such a good time. Everything about that play speaks volumes about what the Bison TEAM was doing to them because they had to do things they didn't normally do. It worked well for them that day but it wasn't enough. MWill took on the best receivers every week for four years and held his own with diminishing help from day one. Without his play, the TEAM would have had to do some things differently. MWill was one of a couple of players that allowed the Bison defense to run a hybrid man/zone coverage scheme. I could go through the entire defense man by man and show how each one's individual talents lended itself to running the best TEAM defense in the country at this level and probably top 15 at any level. If you watch the first season with Dudzik at CB and how much he improved from week to week, I think if he stayed at that position he would be considered an elite FCS shut down corner. With his closing speed and athleticism, he helps the TEAM much more at safety. Without a Dudzik and Heagle back there, do you move Beck to safety at some point. The list just keeps going on and on.

MWill was one of may Bison players who epitomized playing as a team by using their individual talents to compliments the skills of everyone else around them. If player A had a weakness, player B's strengths overshadowed it and so on throughout the whole roster. So when you get down to the last weakness on the team, that is where opposing teams had to funnel all of their time and energy to attack. The flip side was the Bison knew what it was too. If success is based on guessing what play someone is going to run, it is a lot easier when you have limited the other team to a small handful. Sometimes they worked.

I don't blame MWill so much for the times it looked like he failed. We dared teams to try those plays and sometimes they worked. That was the weakness. If you can create enough time for your QB and WR to make a double move downfield and throw it up there, it might just work. I will still bet on our defense more often then not and you can't blame the individual players when the opposing team pulls it off occasionally because it is still a team failure.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    We have a Bingo........
    Braxton's NFL career was not obvious coming out of NDSU . . . although we knew he had a shot. He was good, but no one saw a long NFL career as inevitable back in the day. I was there. An NFL career was expected with Marcus after his SO season, as he was getting all american status acolades a level up from where Tyrone played. DII was closer to FCS in 1984 than it is today IMO.

NDSU career, I give the nod to Marcus. The stats don't lie.
    NFL career, obviously Tyrone made a big inpact here, and Marcus's is in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Braxton's NFL career was not obvious coming out of NDSU . . . although we knew he had a shot. He was good, but no one saw a long NFL career as inevitable back in the day. I was there. An NFL career was expected with Marcus after his SO season, as he was getting all american status acolades a level up from where Tyrone played. DII was closer to FCS in 1984 than it is today IMO.

NDSU career, I give the nod to Marcus. The stats don't lie.
    NFL career, obviously Tyrone made a big inpact here, and Marcus's is in the balance.
    I was there too--I played along side him for 2 years. Trust me, there wasn't a player or coach on the team in his Jr. or Sr. year who did not think that he was NFL caliber.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.