Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You clearly missed the point, so I have no need to respond.

Did Gruden say anything negative? No. To the average Joe sitting at his shitty overpriced apartment in Brooklyn, Marcus came from nowhere.

If Marcus went to UNI and you were watching the game and Gruden said he came from nowhere there would be no uproar.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Did Gruden say anything negative? No. To the average Joe sitting at his shitty overpriced apartment in Brooklyn, Marcus came from nowhere.

If Marcus went to UNI and you were watching the game and Gruden said he came from nowhere there would be no uproar.
    Once again, we kind of all wish you were smart enough to get into one of those schools you love so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Once again, we kind of all wish you were smart enough to get into one of those schools you love so much.
    I wish he was smart enough to know when to stuff his face full of pie, smile and nod, and appreciate what he has right in front of him. Sorry if that sounds odd, but that's the nicest way I could put how I feel.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

When the player in question should have been drafted in the first place, and only was not drafted due to not playing at a P5 school. (And from what I read, the Texans wanted to resign him quickly.) That is the crux of it for me. He was clearly undervalued coming out of college, and even camp. The reality is there are 64 starting CBs in the country, and M Will is one of them. Why can't they simply say scout's likely missed on this one?

As stated, yes, Revis is better. But, if M Will was so bad, why is he starting? Why not make a trade? Why not sign a free agent? The simple answer is he must be playing well. From what I saw, he sure looked better than the other guy.
    Should have been drafted? Really? So, no non-P5 players were drafted? All 32 teams passed on him every round by an NFL that finds talent at every level. Hey, I'm glad to see him playing and hope it leads to him sticking on a 53 man roster next season. The Jets are 2-10 and will have a new coach next season. They are just playing out the season right now and there will be plenty of personnel moves in the off-season. One of their major areas of concern will be the defensive backfield because that is seen as one of their major weaknesses. It's very possible that he shows them enough this season to keep him around next year. As a starter would be a long shot but stranger things have happened.

Some of you are offended way to easily. Why don't some of you realize that Gruden wan no talking about NDSU specifically. When he said he "came from nowhere" he wasn't saying that NDSU was nowhere. He was referring to the path that Marcus took to get to where he was. There are not a lot of undrafted free agents that get picked up, then dropped during the season from a practice squad, only to get picked up by a team and then end up in the starting lineup a couple weeks later. If that isn't "coming from nowhere" in terms of player's paths in the NFL, I don't know what is.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Should have been drafted? Really? So, no non-P5 players were drafted? All 32 teams passed on him every round by an NFL that finds talent at every level.
    So, scouts never miss? Is that your point? Ever hear do Johnny Randle? (heck, even more rounds, then) How about Kurt Warner? Priest Holmes? Heck, how about Adam Vinateri? Rod Smith? Antionio Gates? Dick Lane?

So, I guess none of the above should have been drafted because the "NFL that finds talent at every level." Has it occurred to you that he just might be really good? And that he was getting non-P5 bias? Note every one of those player was from non P5 schools.

CB is a difficult position to get drafted from an FCS school; I would be interested to know how many actually pull it off. You are always going to be knocked about not going against the best competition. Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that had nothing to do with going undrafted? Not to mention he was nicked up all last year affecting his numbers. He was a man among boys in FCS so it is not surprising to me at all that he is playing solid right now. I would be surprised if he is not at least a nickel corner next year.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 12-02-2014 at 08:53 PM.

How would you describe Marcus's path to playing cb for the Jets?
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    How would you describe Marcus's path to playing cb for the Jets?
    Football is football. Their quarterbacks from USC and West Virgina suck shit. That's the reason they're losing.

If they can play, you think they give one crap where they're from? Do you think they can tell you where half of the people on the team went to school?

Guys who are defending Gruden, this is basically what set all of us off. Marcus is not from "nowhere" and from a hell of lot better program than the vast majority of G5 schools. Further, he clearly had never reviewed what Marcus did in college, or he many of realized he could have played at nearly any P5 school. It was a very disrespectful comment even if it was part of making the point that Revis is better. No one disputes that, but it was not neccessary to talk down both Marcus and NDSU to make a point.
    He wasn't referring to Ndsu specifically as nowhere. Technically yes, he came out of nowhere. Gosh some of you are sensitive.

Football is football. Their quarterbacks from USC and West Virgina suck shit. That's the reason they're losing.

If they can play, you think they give one crap where they're from? Do you think they can tell you where half of the people on the team went to school?
    I don't think it's a big deal and I agree they care about if a guy can play play or not.

Doesn't change the fact that Marcus was an undrafted guy from an FCS school who got cut, joined a practice squad and then got a shot at starting. He came out of nowhere. Nothing remotely offensive about that... Then again, with some people on here, if the media isn't choking on NDSU's dick, people's feelings get hurt.