Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I talked to M-Will recently.

He's working out and anticipates getting invited to August Camps for Preseason and battling for a spot, He's still a bonafide NDSU Pimp and is in the twin cities around alot. He mentioned John Crockett is still working out & hoping for a chance this fall.

1 more season for M-Will , come on Vikings, wish they would sign him.
    So not with the Bears at this time?

He's working out and anticipates getting invited to August Camps for Preseason and battling for a spot, He's still a bonafide NDSU Pimp and is in the twin cities around alot. He mentioned John Crockett is still working out & hoping for a chance this fall.

Yeah right. Too much goophs butt hurt in that community. Probably was part of their lease agreement when they were tenants at the "bank" on another loss stadium to not sign a Bison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    So not with the Bears at this time?
    not re-signed yet... in contact with them and a few others.. but not Vikings.. which is crazy
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

not re-signed yet... in contact with them and a few others.. but not Vikings.. which is crazy
    How is that crazy with the db depth and the cap situation that the vikings are in................nevermind.

I love M will was incredible at ndsu.... he is a journeyman pro.... so I don’t understand how anyone is surprised they are not knocking down his door

Not comparing his ability level to a Hall of Famer, but if Chris Carter could "only catch TD passes", then maybe MWill's line would be:

"The only thing he can do is intercept passes"

Every year Marcus gets a contract, he gets to pad his bank account. NFL minimums are pretty sweet for veterans but it also leads to many vets getting signed during the season.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Every year Marcus gets a contract, he gets to pad his bank account. NFL minimums are pretty sweet for veterans but it also leads to many vets getting signed during the season.
    IIRC the veteran’s minimum doesn’t count against the salary cap, for those teams up against the cap (most?).
    Yep, keep working MWill!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    IIRC the veteran’s minimum doesn’t count against the salary cap, for those teams up against the cap (most?).
    Yep, keep working MWill!
    Almost correct.

Any NFL Vets (4+ years of experience) that sign a 1 year contract will hit that teams cap like a 2 year experience player plus any bonus up to a 90k cap.

So let's say AP resigns with the Washington Redskins with a 1 year deal this year. His minimum salary is just over $1M. However the cap hit will be somewhere around 600k + signing bonus, etc. So if they give him the max bonuses he gets paid $1,090,000 but his cap hit is $690,000.

Hope that helps.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I'm not 100% sure either, but I thought that was just the NBA.