Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    He wasn't referring to Ndsu specifically as nowhere. Technically yes, he came out of nowhere. Gosh some of you are sensitive.
    Yeah it's pretty pathetic how thin skinned some people are about NDSU. Go to our smack forum and we dish out 800 pages combined on our two biggest rivals, but as soon as one ESPN commentator makes one comment about how Marcus went from unrecognized and undrafted to starting in half a season, people whine about how we have been disrespected so badly.

I took it as a compliment. Dude is starting in the league. He wasn't drafted because he will never ever run an unreal 40 time. He is a gamer, all he needed was an opportunity, and he is getting that opportunity. If he can continue to hold his own, he will continue to "build film" for 31 other teams to evaluate if the Jets is not his destination next season. Keep it up Marcus. How many guys can say they went from being undrafted to starting in the league. Keep proving people wrong, all you wanted was a chance, and you have that chance.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, scouts never miss? Is that your point? Ever hear do Johnny Randle? (heck, even more rounds, then) How about Kurt Warner? Priest Holmes? Heck, how about Adam Vinateri? Rod Smith? Antionio Gates? Dick Lane?

So, I guess none of the above should have been drafted because the "NFL that finds talent at every level." Has it occurred to you that he just might be really good? And that he was getting non-P5 bias? Note every one of those player was from non P5 schools.

CB is a difficult position to get drafted from an FCS school; I would be interested to know how many actually pull it off. You are always going to be knocked about not going against the best competition. Does anyone ACTUALLY believe that had nothing to do with going undrafted? Not to mention he was nicked up all last year affecting his numbers. He was a man among boys in FCS so it is not surprising to me at all that he is playing solid right now. I would be surprised if he is not at least a nickel corner next year.
    Actually, my point was that you are making a whacky flat out assertion that he "should" have been drafted and the ONLY reason he wasn't is because he didn't play at a P5 program. So, if it was SO OBVIOUS, why did the Texans cut him? Shit, they had ample opportunity to keep him in their organization. All the Jets did was sign him to the practice squad and he'd likely still be there if not for injuries. It's great that he got his chance and here's to hoping it gets him on a 53 man roster in the future. I laughed out loud last night at Gruden's comment and told my Son that the rubes on Bisonville are going to flip out. I wasn't wrong.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When I said Gruden is a tool, that was in reference to what he says week after week and it was not related to what he said about Marcus. I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Some of you need counselorville.com if others cant complain without you complaining about complaing which led to me complaining about your... damn it now anyway.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just did a Google search for Marcus stuff in the last 24 hours. Their fan boards have good things to say about him and you know how those fans can be!
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Over-all not a bad game for MWill. One missed assignment in the end zone. It sure was fun to watch.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I'm not sure why the uproar about gruden's comments.

He wasn't from a P5 conference
    He wasn't even from a G5 conference
    He didn't get drafted
    He got cut from his first practice squad
    He was brought into the Jets practice squad
    He shined
    He was promoted to a starter
    He's done well in his role

Pretty much the definition of coming from nowhere and making something of your opportunities. I didn't see that as a slam at all. He basically said "If you follow your dream and bust your ass you can make it in this league" that's a pretty damn good compliment in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Just did a Google search for Marcus stuff in the last 24 hours. Their fan boards have good things to say about him and you know how those fans can be!
    Yeah but one game can have them turning on you in, what do you call it, oh yeah, a New York minute. Or I guess in this case a New Jersey minute.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I'm not sure why the uproar about gruden's comments.

He wasn't from a P5 conference
    He wasn't even from a G5 conference
    He didn't get drafted
    He got cut from his first practice squad
    He was brought into the Jets practice squad
    He shined
    He was promoted to a starter
    He's done well in his role

Pretty much the definition of coming from nowhere and making something of your opportunities. I didn't see that as a slam at all. He basically said "If you follow your dream and bust your ass you can make it in this league" that's a pretty damn good compliment in my books.
    But it slammed Marcus and NDSU /purple
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo