Page 43 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: MWill

Default Re: MWill

I love Gruden and thought he was very fair. They went from lock down corners of epic proportion to young undrafted rookies. He wasn't ripping on anyone. There is a drop off from Revis to Marcus. Hello people. Marcus is proving himself one game at a time, playing a very lonely position.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I love Gruden and thought he was very fair. They went from lock down corners of epic proportion to young undrafted rookies. He wasn't ripping on anyone. There is a drop off from Revis to Marcus. Hello people. Marcus is proving himself one game at a time, playing a very lonely position.
    This. People take some of this stuff too seriously
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Yes, I did also. Mostly the Miami QB threw to the other side of the field or down the middle. MW made a tackle on the first play of the game - a run into his vicinity. I don't recall any throws directed at players MW was covering. Gruden even commented during the game that Miami ought to be testing that "undrafted rookie free agent from nowhere".
    Guys who are defending Gruden, this is basically what set all of us off. Marcus is not from "nowhere" and from a hell of lot better program than the vast majority of G5 schools. Further, he clearly had never reviewed what Marcus did in college, or he many of realized he could have played at nearly any P5 school. It was a very disrespectful comment even if it was part of making the point that Revis is better. No one disputes that, but it was not neccessary to talk down both Marcus and NDSU to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Guys who are defending Gruden, this is basically what set all of us off. Marcus is not from "nowhere" and from a hell of lot better program than the vast majority of G5 schools. Further, he clearly had never reviewed what Marcus did in college, or he many of realized he could have played at nearly any P5 school. It was a very disrespectful comment even if it was part of making the point that Revis is better. No one disputes that, but it was no neccessary to talk down both Marcus and NDSU to make a point.
    It's the NFL. I'm sorry but who really cares if they pimp/talk down the school of an undrafted rookie cornerback?

In the grand scheme of football, Marcus went to an FCS school in the middle of flyover country. Would it honestly make a difference if Gruden said, "Man I like this kid, undrafted from North Dakota State man! Word is the guy could ball back in high school man! Gotta love the basketball background man! I'd love to have this guy on my team man. Better not run Spider 2 Y Banana in his direction man! He'll be taking it the other way for six!"
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    It's the NFL. I'm sorry but who really cares if they pimp/talk down the school of an undrafted rookie cornerback?

In the grand scheme of football, Marcus went to an FCS school in the middle of flyover country. Would it honestly make a difference if Gruden said, "Man I like this kid, undrafted from North Dakota State man! Word is the guy could ball back in high school man! Gotta love the basketball background man! I'd love to have this guy on my team man. Better not run Spider 2 Y Banana in his direction man! He'll be taking it the other way for six!"
    You clearly missed the point, so I have no need to respond.

Guys who are defending Gruden, this is basically what set all of us off. Marcus is not from "nowhere" and from a hell of lot better program than the vast majority of G5 schools. Further, he clearly had never reviewed what Marcus did in college, or he many of realized he could have played at nearly any P5 school. It was a very disrespectful comment even if it was part of making the point that Revis is better. No one disputes that, but it was not neccessary to talk down both Marcus and NDSU to make a point.
    Nobody watching at the point where he made the comment about "coming from nowhere" had any idea where Marcus played college football UNLESS they already knew it was NDSU. It wasn't until the next series where they showed the starters and where the rookies played. So, to the National TV Audience, he never dissed NDSU. I'm not even sure it was disrespectful to Marcus. He actually did come from nowhere. Undrafted Free Agent signed and cut by another team and picked up by the Jets as a Practice Squad player and now starting in Prime Time due to a conglomeration of circumstances? How often do things like that happen?

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    How often do things like that happen?
    When the player in question should have been drafted in the first place, and only was not drafted due to not playing at a P5 school. (And from what I read, the Texans wanted to resign him quickly.) That is the crux of it for me. He was clearly undervalued coming out of college, and even camp. The reality is there are 64 starting CBs in the country, and M Will is one of them. Why can't they simply say scout's likely missed on this one?

As stated, yes, Revis is better. But, if M Will was so bad, why is he starting? Why not make a trade? Why not sign a free agent? The simple answer is he must be playing well. From what I saw, he sure looked better than the other guy.

See below. You guys care WAY too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Nobody watching at the point where he made the comment about "coming from nowhere" had any idea where Marcus played college football UNLESS they already knew it was NDSU. It wasn't until the next series where they showed the starters and where the rookies played. So, to the National TV Audience, he never dissed NDSU. I'm not even sure it was disrespectful to Marcus. He actually did come from nowhere. Undrafted Free Agent signed and cut by another team and picked up by the Jets as a Practice Squad player and now starting in Prime Time due to a conglomeration of circumstances? How often do things like that happen?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Is it possible to change someone's legal name without their knowledge.

I would like for MWill to be known as MDoes or MDuzz (the first could be read as a female deer).
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."