Thread: Question for SDSU fans

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Question for SDSU fans

No smack, not even sports related....I know of someone at SDSU who lives on campus and her roommate's boyfriend stays over in her room all the time, so she has to get dressed in the shower, etc. The young lady has supposedly talked to dorm directors and such and they say there is nothing they can do about it. Are there really no visiting hours or anything in the dorms there? I have a hard time believing this isn't a situation that could be rectified, so I'm wondering if there is more to the story

edit: Oops, this would have been better placed in the Watering Hole.

Default Re: Question for SDSU fans

Answered my own question, per SDSU res-life handbook:

A. Opposite gender guests are permitted in the house starting at 9:00 a.m. each
    morning and must be out of the house by 2:00 a.m., Sunday-Wednesday, and
    3:00 a.m., Thursday-Saturday. Twenty-four hour visitation is permitted in all
    halls except Hansen and Mathews.
    I suspected something was fishy about her story, the way it was told to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mebisonII View Post
    Answered my own question, per SDSU res-life handbook:

A. Opposite gender guests are permitted in the house starting at 9:00 a.m. each
    morning and must be out of the house by 2:00 a.m., Sunday-Wednesday, and
    3:00 a.m., Thursday-Saturday. Twenty-four hour visitation is permitted in all
    halls except Hansen and Mathews.

I suspected something was fishy about her story, the way it was told to me.
    Not sure you answered your own question. What does "house" refer to in comparison to "halls" (fraternities/sororities v. dorms)? I read this to mean 24-hour visitation from both genders is allowed in all "halls) (think dorms) except the two mentioned specifically.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not sure you answered your own question. What does "house" refer to in comparison to "halls" (fraternities/sororities v. dorms)? I read this to mean 24-hour visitation from both genders is allowed in all "halls) (think dorms) except the two mentioned specifically.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they use "house" here, but hall in all the rest of that section, but it appears that that whole handbook is geared to dorms. To me, this says that opposite-gender guests have to be out by 2am or 3am everywhere, but same-gender is permitted 24 hours everywhere except Hansen and Mathews. I got a PM from a jackrabbit fan saying that there can be overnight opposite-gender guests if both roommates agree to it, but that it would be strange that someone would complain to hall directors and not get any response.

Either way, its not really my business and doesn't affect me, I just thought it would be strange if SDSU had a standing policy that there was absolutely nothing a young female student could do to prevent a male student from staying there. And it sounds like that would not be the case.

So let me get this right, students cannot have opposite gender guests in their rooms, but they can have same gender guests? (not that there's anything wrong with that. )

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I used to stay overnight with my now fiance when she was in her college dorm (MSUM), and they had the same rules. So what did her roommate do you might ask? Well, she just changed in the room "behind a closet door". A. The door wasn't big enough to cover an ironing board folded up. B. God bless her soul, she had a great body (butter face).

Sounds like a crappy situation though. Somebody should do something. If a complaint is made, something should be done. A little respect from her roommate might be in order. Otherwise as SVP would say, "Get Familiar"!!!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.