Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SDSU vs. UND

Default Re: SDSU vs. UND

While Wolters is good.... Do the jacks think they can go into the barn and beat the gophers? A one man band against the gophers this year I don't think so..... I think they will put Austin hollins on him he is longer then Wolters and at least as fast and quick if not a step quicker and faster.... Yes I said Austin I don't mean dre
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Who was I supposed to root against in this game? We are supposed to root against our rival right?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Trim is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Who was I supposed to root against in this game? We are supposed to root against our rival right?
    This was an interesting thought for me last night as well. I couldn't help but hope the Jacks beat Moral U. by about 40. But, my son was wishing for the Jacks to get whooped. In his words, "The Jacks suck and I hate them."
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    While Wolters is good.... Do the jacks think they can go into the barn and beat the gophers? A one man band against the gophers this year I don't think so..... I think they will put Austin hollins on him he is longer then Wolters and at least as fast and quick if not a step quicker and faster.... Yes I said Austin I don't mean dre
    Prior to the season, I would have said there was a chance and that they weren't a 1 man band. Now, not so much. Last year, we had 3 guys not named Wolters shoot better than 46% from 3 on the season. We out-rebounded the Gophers. This year, one of those guys is shooting 32% and another is barely above 40%. Three point shooting was the only chance we had, and we aren't shooting it well this season.

From a Wolters standpoint, I don't think it matters much who guards him. He will get 20-5-5 unless he gets in foul trouble or injured.

UND board is unimpressed with SDSU, saying they would have throttled them if they had all their players, and that if they are the best in the Summit, our conference is completely garbage.

I'm kind of beginning to wonder myself how good the Summit actually is, or isn't.

Will be fun NDSU-UND game. They are convinced they will manhandle us, and have better players at all 5 positions and depth as long as everyone plays.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did Muss call Jones after the game to congratulate him on the huge moral victory?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Did Muss call Jones after the game to congratulate him on the huge moral victory?
    I'm pretty sure the fanbase did.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Prior to the season, I would have said there was a chance and that they weren't a 1 man band. Now, not so much. Last year, we had 3 guys not named Wolters shoot better than 46% from 3 on the season. We out-rebounded the Gophers. This year, one of those guys is shooting 32% and another is barely above 40%. Three point shooting was the only chance we had, and we aren't shooting it well this season.

From a Wolters standpoint, I don't think it matters much who guards him. He will get 20-5-5 unless he gets in foul trouble or injured.
    i will be surprised if wolter has a good game vs the gophers. i dont see how they stay in it vs minnesotas defense. i watched sdsu vs alabama and when they pressed sdsu really started to struggle. in the history of gopher athletics since i started following them closely, minnesota has always struggled vs lesser opponents, this year feels different...we will see i guess go bison beat the hell out of sdsu

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    UND board is unimpressed with SDSU, saying they would have throttled them if they had all their players, and that if they are the best in the Summit, our conference is completely garbage.

I'm kind of beginning to wonder myself how good the Summit actually is, or isn't.

Will be fun NDSU-UND game. They are convinced they will manhandle us, and have better players at all 5 positions and depth as long as everyone plays.
    I don't think anyone on our board was unimpressed with SDSU at all. We had a chance to put the game away with free throws and did not do that. We were playing without 2 of our better players and that would have definately helped in the game last night.

Regarding your last two sentences I haven't read anyone mention we have better players at all 5 positions. I also have not seen anyone mention we are going to manhandle the Bison next week. I have seen many mention out of our next four games, NDSU is going to be our biggest challenge and the one we may not get. Especially if we cannot get healthy by than an get Huff and Traylor back.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenshower View Post
    i will be surprised if wolter has a good game vs the gophers. i dont see how they stay in it vs minnesotas defense. i watched sdsu vs alabama and when they pressed sdsu really started to struggle. in the history of gopher athletics since i started following them closely, minnesota has always struggled vs lesser opponents, this year feels different...we will see i guess go bison beat the hell out of sdsu
    Might I ask why? Maybe it depends on how you define "good game." The gophers will run fresh, athletic defenders at him all night long (just like last year), and chances are he will still end up with somewhere like 20-5-5 (just like last year).