Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 FCS Playoffs Round 2: SDSU Game

Default Re: 2012 FCS Playoffs Round 2: SDSU Game

12th man will be needed.

So the dome doesn't affect SDSU? Not sure their record at the dome confirms this theory, the false starts and confusion penalties in their last game also don't really confirm it either. They also haven't experienced the dome being cranked up to 11 for a playoff game.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Keep Zenner under control again. No big gains. Force them to pass. Our pass rush will get there. The bunnies haven't had a bye week in 2 months. That has to start taking its toll. You can play amped up and on adrenalin, but for how long? I think we come out looking like ISU-R did to us. The Bison have had two weeks to prepare new schemes on both sides of the ball, regardless of who we played. Plus, I'd guarantee they were doing their homework on SDSU this past week. Start strong, finish stronger. Demoralize them early, take the wind out of their sails, then break their backs. This will be a blowout like the Youngstown game or the same nail-biter we saw in the last game.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    12th man will be needed.
    More important.......the Bison offense MUST play a good game and put a bunch of points on the scoreboard. Tired of the offense rarely showing up and often being ineffective. Need to kick bunny ass on both sides of the ball.

So far, the bunnies have not solved the Bison defense, with the exception of the drive against the preventish D at the end of the last game. This, with a d-lineman out, and another injured early in-game. this time around the Bison are rested, adjusted to perrys absence, and healthir on both sides of the ball. The bunnies are in uncharted waters, even though they are familiar with the dome, they are affected by the atmosphere. They have not experienced a playoff atmosphere like they will see on Saturday. The last time they came close they pissed away a 20+ point lead. They rickrolled a weak team last week in front of 5000 people On the frozen pasture. This will be much different.their vaunted top rusher went for <50 yards against the bison. Look for something similar this week.

The Bison have their work cut out for them, and even though they have the toughest draw of any seeded team all things considered,this team has the experience and the will. Bohl will have them ready. Am i concerned about the offense? You bet your ass i am. but i believe in this team. Flame away.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    ...Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    ...cause we're the mighty Bison! Who the f*** are you?
    Not only does this not answer my question in any way, shape, or form, it is the complete opposite mindset we need to have on Saturday and throughout the playoffs to win.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    If Zenner can get 100+ yards and if the Jacks can sustain some long drives, they have a chance. Easier said than done with the Bison 'D' and 19,000 strong in the Fargo Dome.
    He didn't last time and won't this time either

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Someone give a few good reasons to think the Jacks won't upset... please...
    Quote Originally Posted by bisonnation11 View Post
    Keep Zenner under control again. No big gains. Force them to pass. Our pass rush will get there. The bunnies haven't had a bye week in 2 months. That has to start taking its toll. You can play amped up and on adrenalin, but for how long? I think we come out looking like ISU-R did to us. The Bison have had two weeks to prepare new schemes on both sides of the ball, regardless of who we played. Plus, I'd guarantee they were doing their homework on SDSU this past week. Start strong, finish stronger. Demoralize them early, take the wind out of their sails, then break their backs. This will be a blowout like the Youngstown game or the same nail-biter we saw in the last game.
    I will take this as not good enough and will do better next time sir, yes sir.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have thought a lot about this game since the pairings were announced and I think a Bison win will come done to three key areas.

First, the Bison D has to be as sound as it was in the last game in stopping SDSUs run game. Keep Zenner to less than 100 yds and that will go a long ways to a victory. I don't think they can use the same exact scheme, but I have all the faith in the world in Klieman.

Second, Brock has to stop being so tentative in the passing game. He is playing as if he is afraid of making a mistake and that simply won't cut it in the playoffs. In the past two games he is only completing 50% of his passes (17/34) for 176 yds, 1 TD and 1 INT. No matter how you want to cut it those are Mertenesque type numbers and it just won't work. Jensen has to be in the upper 60 to lower 70% completion rate with no pick sixes for the Bison to be successful, but he will need help from his WRs and the OL (see below).

Third, and many of you will flame away on this, but the OL has to play better in the second SDSU matchup then they did in the first. Haeg was owned in that game and he has to get that poor performance out of his head. As Bohl indicated in the last SDSU game, they have to get him some help. Ojuri was helpless in that effort, so it will have to be Lang or a FB. But Steigy was masterful in running a 3-4 scheme in passing situations which has utterly confused NDSU OLs the last few years. The OL gets really confused on who to block when anyone of the LBs can come on a blitz. Fuchs has go to step up his game as well.

But, in Bohl we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    ...Am i concerned about the offense? You bet your ass i am. but i believe in this team. Flame away.
    This is my point. What gives anyone any reason to believe we will put up enough points to beat anyone in the playoffs? We cannot rely upon our defense to win another Natty.

Sorry for all the negativity... All said and done, I really want you all to tell me that you told me so...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery