Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Notre Dame

Default Re: Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread since page 1 but I didn't realize it was going to be a bash the Catholic Church type of thread. Always thought that Bisonville would stay away from politics and religion but even now a moderator is adding in on the discussion. This thread reminds me a of quote by Fulton Sheen. “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    There are so many falsehoods in this thread that it would take a ton of bandwidth to address all of them. First, I will say this that I do believe and follow the best that I can the teachings of the Catholic Church. Now are the teaching of the Catholic church popular? No, and I don't think they necessarily should be to live a good moral life. When Jesus spoke he had crowds that completely leave him when he brought up certain issues. Oh and Jesus spoke more about hell then he ever did about heaven. Now I don't condone the actions of the people in the church. There has been a lot of problems over the long history of the church. All religions have people who have done this. However, the teachings of the church have remained the same and on the issues of faith and morals I believe the church is right.
    For my part I'm not entirely sure how we got here either. Seems like what anyone's opinion of the Catholic Church is should be an issue separate from both football, which is where this thread started, and whether or not Notre Dame is still Catholic which is where it went next.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Two good posts, now let's get this back to the original topic or this thread can end up in lockdown, which probably should have already occurred.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Notre Dame by a touchdown. Offense manages between 14-17 points. Defense gives a late Christmas present by forcing a turnover deep in 'Bama territory to give ND an extra 3-7 points. Teo rides off into the sunset and I will be bawling like a baby. Adds either yet another pick(has 7 this year, 0 in previous three years.) or forces a fumble.

Nick Saban keeps it classy in the post-game.

Mike Golic cries the following morning on the Mike & Mike Show. I cry with him.

Brian Kelly gets lifetime extension.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Notre Dame cologne?? What does arrogance smell like?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...25d_story.html

Two companies, Cloudbreak Group and Steiner Collectibles, are pairing up to develop fragrances for the school, University of Notre Dame director of licensing Michael Low told the South Bend Tribune (http://bit.ly/11R7FOG).
    Was surprised they weren't the first

Notre Dame won’t be the first school to try to capture the smell of team spirit. Masik Collegiate Fragrances markets perfumes for 11 universities, including Penn State, LSU, Oklahoma and Alabama.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EPBison View Post
    Was surprised they weren't the first
    Yeah.

LSU cologne smells like freshly eaten grass, Oklahoma cologne smells like Bob Stoops' big game flop sweat, the Penn State cologne used to be, basically, that old guy smell in a bottle, and Alabama cologne, of course, smells like tebuthiuron.