Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame

Default Notre Dame

As one of the resident Notre Dame fans on this board, I would like to commend the Irish for their defensive play against USC tonight, particularly on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd goal in their final stand.

Notre Dame might be back. When you play dirty defense, run the ball, and have an efficient passing game(sound familiar?), good things happen.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Default Re: Notre Dame

I am not a fan of Notre Dame but when the alternative is cheering for Alabama/Georgia then Go Irish!
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I dislike Notre Dame intensely and hope they get body slammed on January 7.

That said, they earned their spot in the title game. Their strength of schedule is on par with any of the top teams in the BCS rankings and they won all 12.

I have a feeling their defense will hold up against either Alabama or Georgia. Not real sure how their offense will manage. I guess we will see.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Speaking of Notre Dame's strength of schedule, here is a good read from Yahoo sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...205348035.html

As you can see by my avatar, I am "slightly" biased!

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm a Notre Dame fan. It has been an interesting year. Usually Notre Dame is ranked way too high to start the season or if they get a couple of wins. This year they weren't even ranked to start the season. Anyway, watching the Irish still makes me nervous but their defense has been fun to watch and the offense does just enough to win. Go Irish!

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I'm a Notre Dame fan. It has been an interesting year. Usually Notre Dame is ranked way too high to start the season or if they get a couple of wins. This year they weren't even ranked to start the season. Anyway, watching the Irish still makes me nervous but their defense has been fun to watch and the offense does just enough to win. Go Irish!
    Goalline stand.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

I'm also a Notre Dame fan. As a matter of fact, someone recently called me out on this same message board for "cheering for more than one team."
    We are NDSU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WRSDBison View Post
    I'm also a Notre Dame fan. As a matter of fact, someone recently called me out on this same message board for "cheering for more than one team."
    Happens to most of us
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Honestly, I can't stand Notre Dame and it has been fun watching them be average at best for quite awhile. Yeah, Davie, Weiss and Willingham had a good year sprinkled in here and there, but were shown the door fairly quickly. It's kind of embarrassing how irrelevant they have been the past 10-15 years. Their prior struggles are on par with what USC was going through before Pete Carroll. No way programs like USC and Notre Dame should be down for that long, like them or hate them. No, I'm not attempting to compare Pete Carroll and Brian Kelly as coaches. I'm comparing the struggles of the programs prior to their arrival. I think Kelly is a fantastic coach and he should have them in the NC hunt for many years. Hard to believe in 2003 he won the D2 title and now he is in the D1 Championship game.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

The dude can coach.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."