Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mitchell Daily Republic: NDSU is SDSU's true rival

Default Re: Mitchell Daily Republic: NDSU is SDSU's true rival

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    People melted down when we lost to MSUM in an exhibition game. Seems to be the Bisonville way to meltdown due to results of meaningless basketball games.

I was much more upset about our performance at Frost.
    The game with MSUM might have been meaningless but it wasnt meaningless when we lost to a supposed inferior team.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

People melted down when we lost to MSUM in an exhibition game. Seems to be the Bisonville way to meltdown due to results of meaningless basketball games.

So are you saying msum could be our rivals too? /purple
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    So are you saying msum could be our rivals too? /purple
    Apparently if we measure our rivals on a meltdown scale they are. I'm guessing EWU might be our biggest rival of all time then because that was the mother of all meltdowns.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

People melted down when we lost to MSUM in an exhibition game. Seems to be the Bisonville way to meltdown due to results of meaningless basketball games, when we beat UND at the dome hardly anyone was excited about it.

No one was excited about that UND victory because we just lost to EWU. The atmosphere was saddened going into that game and the 2nd half domination didn't really allow for an excitable situation.

Losing at UND last year was embarrassing for all of us who made the trip.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    No one was excited about that UND victory because we just lost to EWU. The atmosphere was saddened going into that game and the 2nd half domination didn't really allow for an excitable situation.

Losing at UND last year was embarrassing for all of us who made the trip.
    I don't think anyone would have been excited regardless, we pounded them and were expected to pound them. The atmosphere would have been a lot more festive if it wasn't for the EWU game though I agree.

We'll see what happens this year.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Yada Yada blah blah blah.

As long as I have been married and as long as I stay married (sorry Izzy, this is a life long commitment), and I have to deal with inlaws and their friends, that internet community college to the north will remain a / 'the' rival. Even when we do not play, the backstory remains.

Oh. Yes. SDSU and UNI are also rivals. But of a different color. (Blue or Purple. Not a putrid shade of Green.)
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Obviously you havent been to a Teammaker luncheon when UND is being played. When current players are there they mention the importance of the game and the coaches as well. When we lose a comment to that fact is usually made. The coaches feel that pressure. When we play them again you will be surprised at the interest and intensity of the rivalry. For those that know the rivalry they wont be surprised at all.
    That reminds me. I think it's past my bedtime.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by UND Thundering Herd View Post
    That reminds me. I think it's past my bedtime.
    Dont forget the warm milk.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."