Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Daily Republic: NDSU is SDSU's true rival

Default Re: Mitchell Daily Republic: NDSU is SDSU's true rival

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    My point is that the writer...imo...was trying to equate the success of the two programs. Its obviously a homer of a writer...and if you think they have been successful....im happy for you.
    You have to remember, when your team has never won a playoff game just getting there becomes the goal, and an accomplishment held in high regard.

SDSU is more relevant now than they were in D-II yeah? I like them. Hope they win tomorrow.

Took balls for our two schools to jump up together.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

When you look at what Stig has to work with, their football program has done well(especially when consider they were the definition of mediocrity while on the NCC). SDSU moving up towards our level is what has made the rivalry more of a rivalry.

We have done the same thing on the hardwood, well expect for women's basketball which as we all know is a complete and total trainwreck.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You have to remember, when your team has never won a playoff game just getting there becomes the goal, and an accomplishment held in high regard.
    That sounds like moral victory talk. Seems like a lot of love in this thread for a team that is supposed to be our rival.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

NWNDBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    SDSU is more relevant now than they were in D-II yeah? I like them. Hope they win tomorrow.

Took balls for our two schools to jump up together.
    ^^^^^This^^^^^ +++++

That sounds like moral victory talk. Seems like a lot of love in this thread for a team that is supposed to be our rival.
    If they lose today and talk about how glad there were to be in the playoffs can we start lumping them in with UN_ for best moral victories?

It is a rivalry built on respect and not hate...I'd like for it to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is a rivalry built on respect and not hate...I'd like for it to stay that way.
    No offense, but as far as rivalrys go...that sounds pretty lame.

To me SDSU is not our rival, and NEVER will be. A lot of people think they are our rival...because they have been told that. Think it all you want...but it will never be true.

"both schools have been highly successful in recent seasons"

As far as I can see they have only been to FCS playoffs once before this, in 2009 and lost. I guess it depends on how you view success...for those that think thats successful. Wow. Just wow. To me...again in my opinion...it sounds like "look...we made the playoffs to...just like NDSU!"
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

To me SDSU is not our rival, and NEVER will be. A lot of people think they are our rival...because they have been told that. Think it all you want...but it will never be true.

As far as I can see they have only been to FCS playoffs once before this, in 2009 and lost. I guess it depends on how you view success...for those that think thats successful. Wow. Just wow. To me...again in my opinion...it sounds like "look...we made the playoffs to...just like NDSU!"
    Well the games vs SDSU have been anything but lame. Not sure why two rivals can't respect each other but still want to beat each others brains in on gameday.

Like I said before this has become more and more of a rivalry because SDSU has taken steps to get onto our level, they aren't there yet but they are making progress.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."