Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Iverson resigns

Default Re: Billy Iverson resigns

My sources say that this wasn't so much a resignation as a termination.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    My sources say that this wasn't so much a resignation as a termination.
    That seems odd considering the team seemed to be moving in the right direction. Didn't they have a pretty solid fall season and without looking it up I thought they made a pretty strong push in the league tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    That seems odd considering the team seemed to be moving in the right direction. Didn't they have a pretty solid fall season and without looking it up I thought they made a pretty strong push in the league tournament.
    Just announced Coach Dehoff to take on additional duties and add golf to womens BB. Sorry, not able to do purple font...

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think that Billy I has been on the hot seat for a couple of years. His team was verry successful this year, but 4 of his players are from the area and are here because they're good friends. Word is that his recruiting out of the area has been questioned and he is not respected by his players. I see the next coach as Chris Croetch (sp). Chris is the teaching professional at the Fargo Country Club, is a real up and commer in the business and already works with players on both Bison teams. He would really like to coach for NDSU. He is very well respected as a professional and is a real gentleman. Last year he said to me, "Just because I graduated from UND, doesn't mean that I can't coach for NDSU. NOTE: All 3 professionals at the FCC ate UND graduates.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    I think that Billy I has been on the hot seat for a couple of years. His team was verry successful this year, but 4 of his players are from the area and are here because they're good friends. Word is that his recruiting out of the area has been questioned and he is not respected by his players. I see the next coach as Chris Croetch (sp). Chris is the teaching professional at the Fargo Country Club, is a real up and commer in the business and already works with players on both Bison teams. He would really like to coach for NDSU. He is very well respected as a professional and is a real gentleman. Last year he said to me, "Just because I graduated from UND, doesn't mean that I can't coach for NDSU. NOTE: All 3 professionals at the FCC ate UND graduates.

That's the spirit!
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

OK, so I'am purebred norwegian and can't spell. Good catch!!

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like it better when you misspell words.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Like someone pointed out, several of the players on the team are locals who wanted to golf here. Little to no recruiting going on. Got a cousin on the team.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Golf doesn't exactly receive a lot of funding. Last I heard there was only a few scholarships available (I believe they were divided among the top players, maybe the top recruits now get a full ride?). This would obviously hurt recruiting. Iverson used a tryout to fill out the roster. It used to be the ND Open at the Fargo Country Club, now there are more rounds after that count as qualifying to make the team. I believe that for the future of NDSU golf this is a step in the right direction. As another poster said, Kroetsch (sp?) from FCC may be a good fit.

Sidenote....now that Iverson "resigned" do the golf teams lose their connection to use Oxbow as a practice facility? FCC is available as the team course, but where does that leave Oxbow?