Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Prediction Game for Summit League Basketball

Default Online Prediction Game for Summit League Basketball

Hello Bisonville,

First, let me congratulate you on another great year of football and I wish you good luck in the upcoming playoffs. Second, I am here to announce that I have put together an online prediction game for all Summit League basketball games (both Men and Women) and maybe a few Top 25 matchups thrown in the mix. I did one for MVFC football and had fun with it. I am hoping more players will join us for basketball. It does not cost anything to play and there will be no substantive prizes awarded (I might come up with a little something before the year is done). For each game during the week, you simply pick the winner and a point margin. Each correct pick earns you 3 points plus 1 point for a margin within 3 plus 1 more point for an exact margin. One game each week is the designated "PowerPick" game. For that game, you also choose a "Confidence Level" (CL) from 1 (not very confident) to 5 (very confident). A correct pick on the PowerPick game will earn you CL bonus points. However, an incorrect pick for the PowerPick game will cost you CL points.

I call it "Roundball Roulette" and open for submitting week 1 predictions at Noon ET on November 26. You can get a sneak preview (even make some "test" predictions) at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Wc&output=html

I look forward to seeing you each week during the Summit League season. If you have questions, go to the Help page in the application. My name and email address are there. BTW, I am a Western Illinois alumnus ('81).

Default Re: Online Prediction Game for Summit League Basketball

Roundball Roulette now accepting predictions for Week 1

Good Luck this weekend in the FCS playoffs!

In, looks like fun.

Thanks

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm also in, should be a good time, if nothing else a way to kill a little time at work each week.

BisonBohl, bisonfan08, thanks for playing. I was shooting for two dozen players. Not quite there yet. Anyone else interested? Action starts tonight.

hmmm...i can't get the link to open

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had to use the first link he posted to get it to work, the 2nd one didn't work for me either.

I'll try it.

Week 1 is in the books. 14 games on the agenda for Week 2 in the latter part of this month. The Bison and Jacks are this week's PowerPick game. Also, starting this week, I have added a new statistical-based prediction to the mix. For week 2, it is the total number of 3-pt FG attempts in the Oakland and Western Illinois game. Bader and Clark should be lightin' it up that night. Get that prediction exactly right and you earn/split 10 extra bonus points. Join the fun at

PS. Try to decipher the stereogram in the Game of the Week sheet. If you figure it out, tell me what it is in the comment box at the end of the prediction form.

One week before Summit League action resumes in full swing. If you have not got your Week 2 picks in yet (and any newcomers are always welcome), try to squeeze them in sometime between now and a week from now. As I mentioned in a previous post, I added a statistical-based prediction to the game worth some bonus points. I have come up with some possibilities for the weeks ahead (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VjEtaWc&gid=38) but I would like to get your suggestions as well. Feel free to post them here or as a comment on the game prediction form:

PS: Hope the Bison bring home that FCS trophy.