Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bison Team Ever?

Default Best Bison Team Ever?

Towards the end of the post game show yesterday, Phil Hansen sort of blurted out that he thinks that this year's team is the best Bison team ever. *He seemed kind of hesitant when he said it at first and then just went with it. *I was a little shocked that Phil said it, knowing the caliber of teams he played on.

I am a relatively new Bison fan (10 yrs). *I am curious what some of you old timers think of that statement.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Default Re: Best Bison Team Ever?

They are right up there...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

kchats Guest

Hard to judge since they don't get a chance to play in the playoffs. Very good team but the 1986 team was dominant as was the 1990 team. I also believe that some of the 1960's teams were right up there.

I know I can't prove it since we cannot get to the playoffs, but I completely believe after our game with the Mustangs that we would win the National Championship. I am not saying it would be close, some teams would be difficult, blah, blah, blah. I'm saying we'd take them all. Period. This team has what it takes.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw all the teams in the eighties. There were some great ones. This team ranks right up there. It is a National Championship caliber team! What a shame they dont have the oppertunity to prove it on the field

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison
    I know I can't prove it since we cannot get to the playoffs, but I completely believe after our game with the Mustangs that we would win the National Championship. *I am not saying it would be close, some teams would be difficult, blah, blah, blah. *I'm saying we'd take them all. *Period. *This team has what it takes.
    This team is really fuc*ing good. I agree, at least in my lifetime, the teams that come close are 1986 and 1990 as they were dominant like this team.

If I had to guess which is the best ever, I would say this team. Why? I have 63 reasons why I think they are better with or without playoffs.

There is no doubt this is the best team ever....although it's pretty meaningless to compare teams from different eras. The teams in 10 years will be better than this team. What is important is how the teams perform relative to their peers. In that sense, the 80s teams were better.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

It ranks right up there+++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

The future looks very good. *The former Bison players must be very proud of this bunch of young men.

Best performance...third quarter of 1990 National Championship game. *
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * *What was it...5 TD's in 7 plays? *Wow.

* * * * * * * * * * * * ....the three quarters vs. Cal Poly? * Wow.

* * * * * * * * * * * * ....Fargo has no idea how blessed they are.

BisonMav Guest

Best fans ever are on Bisonville 8-)