Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2012-2013

Default College Basketball 2012-2013

#3 Kentucky vs. #9 Duke

The only thing I have learned in this game is that if Kentucky really is the third best team in the country right now, college basketball is down. They are trailing Duke by 3 with 2:04 to go.

Kentucky- Looks very athletic, but you can tell they are young. Tons of what appears to be talent. I say "appears to be" because I do not know enough about basketball to make a real judgement like a ton of you guys can. Completely unworthy of the #3 spot. Maybe at the end of the season, but certainly not at the beginning.

Duke- My guys are impressing Dicky V and the other guy in the booth. I don't know how good they really are, probably a typical Duke team, tough to beat 'em when they shoot the way they do, really easy to beat if they have anything that resembles an off-night.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Default Re: College Basketball 2012-2013

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    #3 Kentucky vs. #9 Duke

The only thing I have learned in this game is that if Kentucky really is the third best team in the country right now, college basketball is down. They are trailing Duke by 3 with 2:04 to go.

Kentucky- Looks very athletic, but you can tell they are young. Tons of what appears to be talent. I say "appears to be" because I do not know enough about basketball to make a real judgement like a ton of you guys can. Completely unworthy of the #3 spot. Maybe at the end of the season, but certainly not at the beginning.

Duke- My guys are impressing Dicky V and the other guy in the booth. I don't know how good they really are, probably a typical Duke team, tough to beat 'em when they shoot the way they do, really easy to beat if they have anything that resembles an off-night.
    kentucky is a little overanked right now, but probably still a top 10 team. they lost all 5 starters but brought in a very, very good freshmen class. They only have one guy with significant experience from last season back. But come Feb/March they could easily be one of the best teams in the country.

Ive been saying since the preseason poll came out that Duke is a little overlooked. They have three good seniors in Plumlee, Curry and Kelly. A pretty good frosh class that gives them more athleticism. i think theyre a top 4/5 team.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    #3 Kentucky vs. #9 Duke

Dick V will always gush over Duke as the Dick V/Duke(Coach K) relationship is very similar to the John Madden/Brett Farve relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilBison96 View Post
    Dick V will always gush over Duke as the Dick V/Duke(Coach K) relationship is very similar to the John Madden/Brett Farve relationship.
    Only difference is Coach K actually merits the praise that he receives unlike Favre.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Just noticed that Timmy Miles and his Huskers are hosting Valpo at 8PM tonight on the Big 10 Network.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Just noticed that Timmy Miles and his Huskers are hosting Valpo at 8PM tonight on the Big 10 Network.
    Valpo giving Miles's squad all it can handle. 2pt game with 15 sec left. 48-46 Huskers.

Huskers hang on to win 50-48.

I believe Valpo was the favorite in this game. They have a very good squad for their conference and are picked to win it.

Its going to be a struggle for Miles and Husker's come Big Ten play but the effort will be there, just not enough talent.

Miles: "We're a little root canal on offense."

The guy still has the best quotes.

Timmy's Huskers are destroying Wake Forest in the ACC/B1G challenge....it's 62-40 Nebraska with 7:50 to play.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Indiana is throttling UNC right now by 24.

Big ten looks to be really solid this year with Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio State being really really good. Minnesota, Michigan State, and Illinois are also playing some good basketball.