Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 12 games next season?

Default Re: 12 games next season?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't like it but I can live with it.

The one problem with the article though. Mentioning bubble teams with 8-4 getting the nod over 7-4 applies when you haven't come off b2b. If the bison are a fringe team, they will get the benefit of the doubt vs. 98% of this division of football. In fact, with the larger playoff field, the MVFC should start getting the benefit of the doubt in any close decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The past is history. I don't really think we have to worry about being a bubble team next year. If ANY consideration is given to past performance, it is to a particular TEAM and not a conference. I don't think the Southland is going to get any special treatment even though their post-season perfromance has been second only to the MVFC the last two years.

Until we have 11 games scheduled, I'm not giving an ounce of thought to a 12 game season.

Default Re: 12 games next season?

Two things I think played a major role in this decision; 1) they've played 30 games over the last two years and I'm guessing they're anticipating more playoff games this year, and 2) they've got a very tough non-conference slate already with Kansas St and Montana St and paying another cupcake (after the 11th game) for a guarantee game would put them in a time crunch and be a hit to the budget.