Illinois State 5-2 8-2
    Indiana State 5-2 7-3
    Southern Illinois 4-3 5-5
    Youngstown State 3-4 6-4
    Northern Iowa 3-4 4-6
    Missouri State 3-4 3-7
    Western Illinois 1-6 3-7
    South Dakota 0-7 1-9

My guess Lennon may be in the biggest hot water, but if he pulls out a winning year, can you really can him? What about Western Illinois? Any chances there?

Discuss.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 11-12-2012 at 04:14 PM.

The ISUb coach I can see getting a promotion to the fbs. Not this year and not a head coaching gig, but his progress is amazing. He's a younger guy, right?

Default Re: What MVFC coaches will not be back for 2013

I would imagine the Western Illinois coach is on the hot seat. Joe Glenn is winless in Vermilion but he's an alumni and well respected. If SDSU can put an ass whooping on USD, it may be enough to piss of usd fans. But he has them playing better. Gotta wonder about Youngstown. Quite a collapse.

Missouri State has a good coach in Terry Allen. UNI is safe. Lennon is safe. Indiana State is safe. Illinois State is safe

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I would imagine the Western Illinois coach is on the hot seat. Joe Glenn is winless in Vermilion but he's an alumni and well respected. If SDSU can put an ass whooping on USD, it may be enough to piss of usd fans. But he has them playing better. Gotta wonder about Youngstown. Quite a collapse.

Missouri State has a good coach in Terry Allen. UNI is safe. Lennon is safe. Indiana State is safe. Illinois State is safe
    It is Glenn's first year, so he will not get canned.

I originally thought Youngstown, but with the Pitt win, I doubt it.

UNI coach probably will go on a short leash after this year. Very similar to Bohl after 2009. They only have 3 d 1 wins, but admit the 2 FBS games hurt them. So, in my book, I'd think he would for sure be around thanks to past success and the awful position he was put into this year.

Why you say Lennon is safe? I like him too, but the program is not at the level the fans expect, and he isn't filling that nice stadium.

Agree on Missouri State; honestly, Allen is overachieving there.

Don't know much about Western, but that is the one I'd put my money on to be canned.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Current standings:

North Dakota State 6-1 9-1
    South Dakota State 5-2 7-3
    Illinois State 5-2 8-2
    Indiana State 5-2 7-3
    Southern Illinois 4-3 5-5
    Youngstown State 3-4 6-4
    Northern Iowa 3-4 4-6
    Missouri State 3-4 3-7
    Western Illinois 1-6 3-7
    South Dakota 0-7 1-9

My guess Lennon may be in the biggest hot water, but if he pulls out a winning year, can you really can him? What about Western Illinois? Any chances there?

Discuss.
    "Can you really can him?" or ANYONE for that matter the answer is yes, what are you smokin.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It is Glenn's first year, so he will not get canned.

I originally thought Youngstown, but with the Pitt win, I doubt it.

UNI coach probably will go on a short leash after this year. Very similar to Bohl after 2009. They only have 3 d 1 wins, but admit the 2 FBS games hurt them. So, in my book, I'd think he would for sure be around thanks to past success and the awful position he was put into this year.

Why you say Lennon is safe? I like him too, but the program is not at the level the fans expect, and he isn't filling that nice stadium.

Agree on Missouri State; honestly, Allen is overachieving there.

Don't know much about Western, but that is the one I'd put my money on to be canned.
    Lennon will finish above 500 in a tough conference. They are improving.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    "Can you really can him?" or ANYONE for that matter the answer is yes, what are you smokin.
    not following......

lennon is def on the hot seat. SIU is a program that expects to win. They havent been to playoffs since 2009. He may not get canned after this season but cuz they have shown some improvement, but if they dont make the playoffs next season he is done

How can anyone say Terry Allen at misery st is doing good? He is 27-42 that's not good folks
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    How can anyone say Terry Allen at misery st is doing good? He is 27-42 that's not good folks
    Agree and he has a metro population of 440k to tap into and NOBODY cares or shows up to watch

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt