Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Coach Vigen

Default Re: An Open Letter to Coach Vigen

I think you are all forgetting how much the defense scored last year as well...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If the play is executed perfectly, it is impossible to defend. Problem is it's not being executed perfectly.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Brock has thrown 7 picks and I think yesterday was the first out pattern from the opposite hash. The three picks against ISU were two crossing patterns to the short side and the third was across the middle. Dont remember all three against MSU but at least one was a short post that was overthrown. Funny how things get remembered.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think this is an interesting statistic, from TSN writer Tim McDonnell:

Every team currently ranked in the Top 10 which won in Week 11 - except No. 1 North Dakota State - ranks in the Top 25 of the FCS in total offense. They are Old Dominion (556 yards per game), Sam Houston State (490), Georgia Southern (467) Montana State (440) and Eastern Washington (431).

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...nell/index.htm

Personally, I think the very best team this year in FCS may be Montana State, at least based on the statistics. They are highly ranked nationally both offensively and defensively, and if you notice in the above referenced article, they scored a TD on offense, on defense, and on special teams. Our D, while magnificent, is not scoring like last years D, and our special teams are not as special as last year. Anyway, the national stats can be telling.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs

Opposing D coordinators are writing up their game plans in 15 minutes...

While sitting on the john Monday morning. At least they catch up on sleep during bison week.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

Every team currently ranked in the Top 10 which won in Week 11 - except No. 1 North Dakota State - ranks in the Top 25 of the FCS in total offense. They are Old Dominion (556 yards per game), Sam Houston State (490), Georgia Southern (467) Montana State (440) and Eastern Washington (431).

Personally, I think the very best team this year in FCS may be Montana State, at least based on the statistics. They are highly ranked nationally both offensively and defensively, and if you notice in the above referenced article, they scored a TD on offense, on defense, and on special teams. Our D, while magnificent, is not scoring like last years D, and our special teams are not as special as last year. Anyway, the national stats can be telling.

just looking at total defenses those top teams have played, none can hold a candle to the ranks of defense that ndsu has faced in the MVFC.

The shake the head moment for me came yesterday with 13 minutes left in the fourth. We run Crockett twice for first down and it looked like our Oline was starting to hand it to the D and was getting good push. We then pass it three times and have to punt.

We just played a very good SDSU team with a nationally ranked defense. Maybe I'll go out on a limb here.......they have some very good players to.

The Bison are not going to beat every team like we did to Prairie View, USD and Youngstown. Good teams find a way to win and the Bison are doing that.

Come playoff time....I like the Bison's chance.

I'll take a very good defense every time. I hope we see some of those teams (Old Dominion, Montana State, SHSU). Our offense is not bad....just needs to execute better.

Some of you guys here need to step away from the cliff.....

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post

MSU didn't play an FBS and played a DII and Pioneer non-scholly in non-conf. They also avoided Poly and NAU due to the Big Sky schedule and I think they choke in Missoula next week.

Our D might not be scoring like last year, but our D overall is better than last year. In fact there is a huge gap between us and the number 2 defense. We are that freakin good. However this offense reminds me of 09 right now. Hopefully our amazing defense can alone carry us. Hopefully. Repeating is tough, especially with the jury out on our offense. That leaves little room for error. Scary for playoffs. Just hope our D doesn't have an off day.