Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Coach Vigen

Default An Open Letter to Coach Vigen

Dear Coach Vigen,

Let me start off by saying I have no actual football experience. I have never played or coached at any level. Full disclosure, I am nothing but an armchair quarterback and football rube.

Having said that, I am very concerned with these "out patterns" we are throwing. Why do they keep getting picked off? Does Brock have a tell? I've heard everything from slapping his butt and looking at the second page of his wrist playbook.

The point is...I have no football knowledge or experience. Yet, I cringe every time we throw that route. If I can see what's coming...I'm guessing the other team can as well. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. How about an out an up? A pump fake maybe? Getting rid of the play altogether might be a little drastic, but how many times does this have to happen before we change something?

In case I'm not being clear, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE FIGURED IT OUT.

Thank you for all your hard work and good luck in the playoffs. Hope to see you in Frisco.

Go Bison!

Sincerely,
    BisonTeacher
    Bisonville Rube/Armchair QB
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Default Re: An Open Letter to Coach Vigen

throwing across the field on an out is a recipe for disaster.

but against missouri state, brock sailed his picks.

According to Steve Walker that pass is very difficult to throw.

Im not smart enough to know whos to blame at this point...but good god quit throwing it or change it up. That very well could have cost us the game yesterday. The wr saved the day.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Brock just praised Vigen on the Bohl show.

Biggest defensive play of the day was made by Vraa.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Currently everyone is to blame. Those plays are terrible but I believe Brock likes that throw as there are usually others out in patterns that brock could throw to if the out is covered. Yesterday as I said in another post we did try stuff over the middle but Brock missed the throws. Also, our line is not doing a great job to do more play action passes as I have been hammering that for a 15 years as babichs teams never used play action either. Only walker teams really used play action and went over the middle to the TE. I believe the more I watch Brock the more Brock may not have the abilit to look off receivers nor does he like to throw over the middle especially to the TE. Brock may have all of the attributes to be a great QB but he may not get there and it is mainly do to the mental side of the game and part of that blame is on the QB coach .
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The 2nd down pass in the 4th quarter instead of running the damn ball cost us 40 seconds. That was one of the dumbest play calls I have ever witnessed in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Currently everyone is to blame. Those plays are terrible but I believe Brock likes that throw as there are usually others out in patterns that brock could throw to if the out is covered. Yesterday as I said in another post we did try stuff over the middle but Brock missed the throws. Also, our line is not doing a great job to do more play action passes as I have been hammering that for a 15 years as babichs teams never used play action either. Only walker teams really used play action and went over the middle to the TE. I believe the more I watch Brock the more Brock may not have the abilit to look off receivers nor does he like to throw over the middle especially to the TE. Brock may have all of the attributes to be a great QB but he may not get there and it is mainly do to the mental side of the game and part of that blame is on the QB coach .
    Whatever play they ran for the first TD throwing to Vaadland seriously made me feel like God himself opened the skies, took over both Vigen's and Brock's bodies, and said to Bison Nation (not myself particularly) "WATCH THIS!!!" I seriously think I was beaming for a good 10 minutes! Where are the plays like that??? We have great sized TE's with more than capable hands and seem to be loads to take down! I agree the out passes are getting old to watch but give credit to the DB. He made a great play. Now turn that play into an out and up and you suddenly have 6 points on the board. I hope they are being this obvious to set teams up for the playoffs. Either way, next week is the goal! Let's hope the team can win this conference outright and set themselves up for a deep playoff run!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Brock is favoring that arm and i noticed it all game. My opinion is his arm is tired/dead. Those 15 yard outs were thrown like lasers earlier in the year, the pick against sdsu was flat. Every other position they rotate guys to keep the fresh, unfortunately there is a feeling that if you do that with your qb, emotions can get hurt