Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Win is a Win!

Default A Win is a Win!

They have a good defense. 3rd in the conference says something. You can't even try to peg Brock on that pick. People KNOW our routes, and jump them. Vigen, you are way too damn predictable. So glad we came out of this with a W. MVFC Co-Champions! Congrats Bison! Now, fix this offense before we step into the next game vs the Redbirds please. Please. Please. Momentum going into the playoffs would be helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Also, prevent defense is the worst type of defense ever. Stop playing it. (I'm looking at you, last drive of the game.)

Default Re: A Win is a Win!

hahaha I love both comments!

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    hahaha I love both comments!
    Like Madden used to say, "Prevent defenses prevent you from winning......"

I know I love to argue, but how much time came of the clock during prevent defense? Further, knowing nothing about the game, sounds like it worked since they won. What'd I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I know I love to argue, but how much time came of the clock during prevent defense? Further, knowing nothing about the game, sounds like it worked since they won. What'd I miss?
    Well I dont like to argue, so I am simply answering. SDSU marched right down the field, it took almost 2 min's off the clock, and that might have contributed to the ultimate win, but this is why I, too, hate a prevent defense. Because you just took the Number 1 defense in FCS Div 1 football...without question...and made them look very mediocre. Its a slap in the face. But thats just my opinion.

Well I dont like to argue, so I am simply answering. SDSU marched right down the field, it took almost 2 min's off the clock, and that might have contributed to the ultimate win, but this is why I, too, hate a prevent defense. Because you just took the Number 1 defense in FCS Div 1 football...without question...and made them look very mediocre. Its a slap in the face. But thats just my opinion.
    This. ++++++++

Our stellar defense just got toasted. I don't care about stats, but at the same time they gave up about 75 yards in less than two minutes. We've never done that all year. Plus, if we don't get the onside kick, this could be a totally different thread.

People should be satisfied with a win against a very good team, and a very capable team.

Yes our offense was not pretty, but no offense is in football at a high level. People bagging on Brock oB for "only getting 45 rushing yards".

Big boy football is ugly, and defense oriented. That's just the way it is.

A record of 9-1 playing in what is probably the best conference in the FCS leaves little room for complaining. Just get another W next week and we should get home field advantage in the playoffs.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Idk if we were running a "prevent"

We were blitzing almost every play yet couldn't touch sumner. On the other hand, they could sack Brock with 3 rushers