Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MSUM v ndsu "the rematch"

Default Re: MSUM v ndsu "the rematch"

Brown- The kid is our best defender, did a great job on their stud. Personally he should start at the 2, as he did tonight. Needs work on offense needs to be willing to knock down the open shot.

Braun cramped. Hes fine. Im not holding too much in this exhibition game but i noticed 2 things that Ill be watching for this season;

1 - we had a total of 6 assists at the end of regulation. Thats it. MSU was standing around launching 25 foot 3s with defenders in their face and they finished with 11. Our offense was pathetic, and it looks like 5 guys literally dribbling around with the ball trying to force something.

2 - Trayvon wright lead us in 3 point attempts. If he seriously has the green light to shoot the 3, I am going to start questioning the coaching staff.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Braun cramped. Hes fine. Im not holding too much in this exhibition game but i noticed 2 things that Ill be watching for this season;

1 - we had a total of 6 assists at the end of regulation. Thats it. MSU was standing around launching 25 foot 3s with defenders in their face and they finished with 11. Our offense was pathetic, and it looks like 5 guys literally dribbling around with the ball trying to force something.

2 - Trayvon wright lead us in 3 point attempts. If he seriously has the green light to shoot the 3, I am going to start questioning the coaching staff.

2011 called.....they want their post back.

#1 sounds like a repeat of the movie we saw last year.
    #2 sounds like a repeat of the movie we saw last year except it was Hale hoisting 3's at every inopportune moment imaginable.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Very glad to hear others take on Braun.

Tray needs to shoot less 3s, its not his game but sadly our offense puts him in those spots.

Marshall was getting doubled alot tonight down low, my guess is he will see more of that.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    And for a D2 team you know they had this game circled on the calendar
    After last year I think Saul had it circled too.

I know its early but what did the offense look like. Was there a flow? Did we use a lot of dribble drive 1 on 1 like last year?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I know its early but what did the offense look like. Was there a flow? Did we use a lot of dribble drive 1 on 1 like last year?
    No flow at all. No workaround to the weakside. No screens. It was seriously dribbling around trying to force something, and everyone once in a while something would work. We also got outrebounded, and some of that is trayvonn wright standjng at the perimeter leaving bjorklund inside alone battling guys 1 on 3 trying to get the rebound

No flow at all. No workaround to the weakside. No screens. It was seiously dribbling around

Ugh. I hesitated to even post that cuz i want to start out the season thinking positive. Dribble drive is fine if you use it to create or get someone open and dish...but if we are playing one on one again this year its gonna be a long winter.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I will say this. The first 3 possessions on offense in OT were beautiful. Working around, high percentage shots, 3 buckets, 3 assists, difference in game.

I am honestly not sure if saul made an adjustment, or if everything finally just worked after forcing everything all game.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No flow at all. No workaround to the weakside. No screens. It was seriously dribbling around trying to force something, and everyone once in a while something would work. We also got outrebounded, and some of that is trayvonn wright standjng at the perimeter leaving bjorklund inside alone battling guys 1 on 3 trying to get the rebound

If anyone hears a woman scream, "set a damn screen," that would be the wife. I think she has been screaming this for years now.