Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MSUM v ndsu "the rematch"

Default Re: MSUM v ndsu "the rematch"

i told you guys, that was a battle. very excited for dragon basketball this year and years to come. I would hope that ndsu fans would follow and support them as well as ndsu.

ndsu will be fine, its an exhibition. Just focus on #1 indiana, that would be the biggest win in ndsu history in any sport obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    A lot of good points. Our offense looks horrible!!!! Saul, call coach Miles to get some ideas on how to run an effective offense!!!!!! Just think what Indiana is going to do to us....it took OT to beat a Div II school...wow...
    NDSU probably missed 8 layups that would have changed the end of the game dramatically, however you have to give credit to MSUM defense for some of the misses.

I am leaning to Kory Brown over Mike Felt as a starter for defense, however Mike Felt has not yet his offensive stride yet, again both Concordia, and MSUM did a chaser on him
    and he was not getting open for the the shots as much as last year. He can expect that to continue and needs to work harder. Of course that easy for me to say while I sit on
    my butt and watch

[QUOTE=imabison;674899} however Mike Felt has not yet his offensive stride yet, again both Concordia, and MSUM did a chaser on him
    and he was not getting open for the the shots as much as last year. [/QUOTE]

Not to beat a dead horse hear, but Im wondering if someone screening for him might help with that?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse hear, but Im wondering if someone screening for him might help with that?
    What's a screen?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    What's a screen?

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Alot of times he stops behind somewhat of a screen and shoots over the top of the other NDSU player when the defender goes behind the screen and not thru it.

His last second 3 ptr against MSUM right before half time was over 2 MSUM defenders. MSUM coach was not happy, but probably only because he made the shot
    not because he was not defended

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    I promised not to yell at Saul until 10 full minutes went by in the game vs MSUM. Holy Hell Saul, your a basketball coach that can only recruit...it is comical watching your teams game schemes the last three years. I'd hoped...prayed Saul would turn into a coach. I know its early and I will be there every game cheering for the boys, but Saul is doing the team no favors.
    Here is the same analysis of the Bison:
    -Do they teach screening at NDSU? It was comical watching the motion offense running in circles with absolutely no screens. RUN FASTER GUYS.
    -Defensive wizard Saul hasn't figured out how to defend the high screen and role. Kaeding and Bjorklund look great covering the point guard 25 ft out...good luck covering Nate Wolters with that defense. Don't worry, Saul will adjust.
    -Braun is a great talent...still only wants to go right.
    -Trayvon: work on your post game and dribble drive game. We don't need a below average shooter that can jump out of the gym shooting jumpers 21 ft out.
    -LA: Nice, I like what you offer. If Saul had an offense that actually screened for people I bet you could also distribute the basketball to open guys and get assists.
    -Felt: You are what you are...keep the 3pts coming.
    -Bjorklund/Kaeding/Jordan..I'm sorry the coaches will keep putting you in losing situations 20 ft out on defense and have no goal in feeding the post.
    -Rest of the bunch...never saw enough this year to make an "snap" judgement.

To all the Saul apologists...I want the Bison to do well, but c'mon man. Did anyone leave the MSUM game not knowing which team had more talent and which team had the better coach? Yes, its an exhibition...but Saul is consistently terrible. But we are young

Go Bison prove me wrong.
    You know, I haven't even picked up my tickets yet this year and this is why. Knowing that Saul is still here is so frustrating. I really don't think we can succeed with him. I'll pick up my tickets but I don't think I can go another year after this one if we are stuck with the same old Saul. I just don't think he has a very good basketball mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gobison#6 View Post
    Lindbergh sat last night at the end of the bench, not sure on why some sort of injury, and I believe the other was Jamie Mauch. Walk on that played previously at NDSCS.
    Good to know on Mauch. I saw Lindberg on the end, then Vandenberg, then two guys I've never seen before (one must be Jamie Mauch?), and then Werner. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by *Bisonrube View Post
    I promised not to yell at Saul until 10 full minutes went by in the game vs MSUM. Holy Hell Saul, your a basketball coach that can only recruit...it is comical watching your teams game schemes the last three years. I'd hoped...prayed Saul would turn into a coach. I know its early and I will be there every game cheering for the boys, but Saul is doing the team no favors.
    Here is the same analysis of the Bison:
    -Do they teach screening at NDSU? It was comical watching the motion offense running in circles with absolutely no screens. RUN FASTER GUYS.
    -Defensive wizard Saul hasn't figured out how to defend the high screen and role. Kaeding and Bjorklund look great covering the point guard 25 ft out...good luck covering Nate Wolters with that defense. Don't worry, Saul will adjust.
    -Braun is a great talent...still only wants to go right.
    -Trayvon: work on your post game and dribble drive game. We don't need a below average shooter that can jump out of the gym shooting jumpers 21 ft out.
    -LA: Nice, I like what you offer. If Saul had an offense that actually screened for people I bet you could also distribute the basketball to open guys and get assists.
    -Felt: You are what you are...keep the 3pts coming.
    -Bjorklund/Kaeding/Jordan..I'm sorry the coaches will keep putting you in losing situations 20 ft out on defense and have no goal in feeding the post.
    -Rest of the bunch...never saw enough this year to make an "snap" judgement.

To all the Saul apologists...I want the Bison to do well, but c'mon man. Did anyone leave the MSUM game not knowing which team had more talent and which team had the better coach? Yes, its an exhibition...but Saul is consistently terrible. But we are young

Go Bison prove me wrong.
    You HAD to be the guy sitting behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by herdmember View Post
    You HAD to be the guy sitting behind me.
    Ha, possibly. If you heard the guy saying...would you please take the ball to the hole (which Braun finally did) then yes it was me.