Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highlight reel

Default Re: Highlight reel

Height/weight? He moves well, but also looks very small to me. Has a scat back running style that I am not a huge fan of, works great at the high school level, but rarely at this level. Could be good as a kick returner or slot receiver. But with our offense I think we would all be complaining about him dancing too much. Hope he turns out great for us.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison06 View Post
    Height/weight? He moves well, but also looks very small to me. Has a scat back running style that I am not a huge fan of, works great at the high school level, but rarely at this level. Could be good as a kick returner or slot receiver. But with our offense I think we would all be complaining about him dancing too much. Hope he turns out great for us.
    He was listed at 5'7" 170 lb when he came to Valley City. He played in 6 games last year and carried the ball 47 times for 218 yards before having some kind of an injury. Supposedly, he has put on 15 pounds of muscle and is ripped. He ran a 4.42 40 at VCSU. Coach Bohl seems to be under the impression that he has been giving our first-team defense fits in practice.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    He was listed at 5'7" 170 lb when he came to Valley City. He played in 6 games last year and carried the ball 47 times for 218 yards before having some kind of an injury. Supposedly, he has put on 15 pounds of muscle and is ripped. He ran a 4.42 40 at VCSU. Coach Bohl seems to be under the impression that he has been giving our first-team defense fits in practice.
    Awesome, glad he is giving our D a good look. Looks like he could be an asset on special teams and maybe crack the line-up, trouble is we pretty much have the same player in Dinwiddie and he hasn't been getting very many reps himself.

Never a bad thing to have too many good athletes though. Glad he is with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    His name is Darius Anderson. He is from Hawaii. He played at Valley City State last year, but wanted to try D-I football, so he showed up for open tryouts, believe it or not. Apparently he has been excellent on the scout team. He listed on the roster--but he isn't the only one. Late walk-ons sometimes don't get added. In fact, I don't think Brian Schaetz was ever on the roster last fall--he showed up on the roster in the spring. Tory Dalbec is another kid who is on the team who isn't on the roster.
    Tory Dalbec, Edina. Defensive MVP last year. 3rd team all metro at linebacker. http://www.ihigh.com/pantherfootball/article_93130.html
    Listed as a walk on at UNI? http://hornets.edina.k12.mn.us/sport...laying-college

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Kermit gave the low down. Here is his highlights from Valley city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is8dFXKTgYY

Great to hear that he has been giving our D some very good looks.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

so did Francisco Hardacker - NDSU (walk-on) from Edina ever make the team?
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    so did Francisco Hardacker - NDSU (walk-on) from Edina ever make the team?
    Yes, Hardacker is listed on the roster. He and Dalbec played together at Edina. I don't know why Dalbec ended up here instead of UNI--but we seem to have a pipeline.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I taught in Edina for a while and trust me.........they know about BISON PRIDE! Any chance I got, I wore my Bison gear to school and I'd get asked all the time what is so special about NDSU. I could have talked their ear off for hours. I also taught and coached in Farminton, MN and got to know how good Cole Jirik was by watching film on him when he was at Northfield which is Farmington's rival. Funny thing is, when I go to either football or volleyball games, I always seem to see one of my former students who are still in awe of how popular NDSU is. They really didn't believe me when I told them a few years ago how much they'd love it up here if they came to NDSU instead of someplace else.