Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Summit League Basketball Tourney

Default Re: Summit League Basketball Tourney

Holding the tournament in Sioux Falls strengthens the future of the league, bottom line.

Oakland would bolt for the Horizon in a heartbeat, even if the conference tournament was in their own gym.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2015 It will be Denny Sanford Center this place looks nice! http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...ter/?id=139222

Quote Originally Posted by jacks1 View Post
    Per Terry Vandrovec:

Just in: Sioux Falls lands 5-year deal to host Summit Hoops tourney in new events center. Goes through '19. 5-year renewal, too.

Clarification: 5-year contract starts this season - it replaces the old 2-year deal. Agreement calls for 5-year option starting in '18.
    Without the remodeled BSA NDSU cannot realistically make a bid to host it.
    Not sure that NDSU minds the bus trip down the road anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Without the remodeled BSA NDSU cannot realistically make a bid to host it.
    Not sure that NDSU minds the bus trip down the road anyway.
    The tournament cannot be held on a member's home court. Fargo's only chance is at the Fargodome.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The tournament cannot be held on a member's home court. Fargo's only chance is at the Fargodome.
    Yup, I now recall that being stated over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    kinda sucks for it to be there in a sense but it's a great location and will continue to make for a great atmosphere especially since usd now in
    What? I can't see how anyone can not like this. Ming, obviously you have forgotten I live in Sioux Falls! While not as awesome as the USD game here, it is still pretty awesome and we just don't get many good sports here! Further, since the world does not revolve around me as it should, there are other benefits:

1. Easy to get to from Fargo since Fargo does not have a suitable venue.
    2. Good attendance guaranteed from SDSU and USD fans. Good profit for the league.
    3. A full house most of the time when the ticket punching game is on national TV. You get NDSU, SDSU, or USD in that game and the rafters are packed. (That damn blizzard......)

Now, apologize, and remember the world does revolve around me!

Do I need to explain everything? It sucks cuz its in Sioux falls and is a virtual home game for sdsu. It sucks in that sense. but its a great location and will make for a good atmosphere as I already mentioned

This is really a great thing for the conference. No question it is also good for SDSU and USD. I think it is also good for the Bison. Hats off to you folks, saying that you travel. well is an understatement. The new Sanford Center with 12,000 seats will eliminate seating capacity issues in the future.

That announcement certainly has to chap the ass of a few teams in the conference, namely Oakland, but it makes complete sense on every level for the conference. IMHO it is just a matter of time before Oakland bails anyway.

It really has been a cool deal to be able to have this tournament in the area. It makes for a fantastic weekend full of basketball and good times. I'd encourage anyone to make it.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    This is really a great thing for the conference. No question it is also good for SDSU and USD. I think it is also good for the Bison. Hats off to you folks, saying that you travel. well is an understatement. The new Sanford Center with 12,000 seats will eliminate seating capacity issues in the future.

That announcement certainly has to chap the ass of a few teams in the conference, namely Oakland, but it makes complete sense on every level for the conference. IMHO it is just a matter of time before Oakland bails anyway.

It really has been a cool deal to be able to have this tournament in the area. It makes for a fantastic weekend full of basketball and good times. I'd encourage anyone to make it.

SUPERBUNNY
    Check positive rep. We enjoy your tax dollars in Sioux Falls.

Appreciate that. It's a big deal for Sioux Falls. I'm in Brookings and yet I still have a hotel for three nights and buy all of the food, entertainment, and booze that goes with it for me and my family. Oh, my the booze bill! Basically, it's my vacation.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, Bison!