Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC ND TV production

Default NBC ND TV production

Yes, I'm happy we won yesterday. Yes, I'm happy the games are on TV. And yes, I'm still going to find something to complain about. The NBC production of the game is, well, painful to watch at times. I don't understand why they need to overly zoom in on everything. Right before the snap, they zoom in so you can't see the receivers. They seem to like zooming in on the crowd way too much. After every touchdown, they have to show the most energetic flag waving guy ever while everyone around him is sitting quietly checking their smartphones. The look on that one lady's face, I think there was a bad call, was laugh out loud funny to the table of people near me at the bar. Jamal Spencer live on camera is painful to say the least. I'm happy for the Peterson Farm Seeds support of Bison athletics, but do they have to talk about the different seed varieties at halftime? There has to be a better use of that time. They could interview Saul Phillips, or any of the other coaches, or have some pre-recorded segment showcasing tailgating or just something else. Also, do they not have an end zone camera view they could use on field goals and extra points? You can't really tell much about the kick except where it hits the net in relation to the Scheels sign. </rant> Agree? Disagree? What are your pet peeves about the TV production?

Default Re: NBC ND TV production

I agree there are plenty of little things that could make the broadcast better, but my number one wish is an upgrade to HD equipment. And second is that NBC broadcast ALL of the games.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I had MSU-UW and NDSU-SIU on on two different TV's at the same time. the low-def looked awful by comparison, it almost hurt to watch

It looks like a student production.

No...I take that back.

A student production would be better.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    It looks like a student production.

No...I take that back.

A student production would be better.
    Do you remember WIU a few years ago?? Theres no way it is that bad. If you dont like it get to the dome.

Two letters..... LT. Why do they put someone up there who obviously hates NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbills View Post
    Two letters..... LT. Why do they put someone up there who obviously hates NDSU?
    ^^^^This. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt until now but the guy is aweful. I'm not saying he has to be a homer but at least don't have a boner for the opponent every freaking week. The guy is a tool with ears.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

who is the play by play guy now that the tool "hammer" is gone?

Here's a solution if you don't like it turn off the TV!
    The Tailgator

Yeah norm I feel your pain, watched the game on my Hopper today and saw the halftime farm report and I was thinking to myself " how goober is that ". I know this is farm country, but give me a break doing that for a halftime show. Thank god I was at the game yesterday and didn't have to watch that part live.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?