Thread: Twin Cities watch parties for USD game

Default Twin Cities watch parties for USD game

Does anyone have experience watching Bison games in Minneapolis/St Paul? I know Sensors should have the game on but is there anywhere else that usually shows Bison games? Also is it only the Bloomington Sensors that has the games on?

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Twin Cities watch parties for USD game

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Does anyone have experience watching Bison games in Minneapolis/St Paul? I know Sensors should have the game on but is there anywhere else that usually shows Bison games? Also is it only the Bloomington Sensors that has the games on?
    I would call Sensor's before you head over there because this is a MidcoSN production, so I'm not sure how they can get the feed for this game. I believe USD has a pay for view option on their web site but I'm not sure if Sensor's has done that in the past, my thought is they haven't. Worth a call to find out though. I was hoping ESPN3 would pick the game up from MidcoSN but it doesn't look like that will happen for this game which is too bad.

I just called Sensors in Bloomington and they said they have full intentions of streaming the game. They are aware that's the only option to get it on tv and the only reason they wouldn't have it is if there were problems with the website, etc.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThompsonBison View Post
    I just called Sensors in Bloomington and they said they have full intentions of streaming the game. They are aware that's the only option to get it on tv and the only reason they wouldn't have it is if there were problems with the website, etc.
    Where are they streaming the feed from? Does USD have a stream available?

Quote Originally Posted by ThompsonBison View Post
    Thanks for the info, I also noticed that the Roseville location is now listed on the alumni site, it wasn't a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    I just checked out the goyotes.com website and couldn't find the stream links but a buddy was on there earlier this week and said we'd be able to get it through them if the Senors wasn't airing it. Don't have a dead lock answer but based on the information I've gotten, it looks like Sensors has the ability to get the game. Lets hope so as a number of us will be down there this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    Supposedly, but you gotta remember this game isn't at their home stadium and they aren't accepting credit cards for tickets picked up at the game.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Supposedly, but you gotta remember this game isn't at their home stadium and they aren't accepting credit cards for tickets picked up at the game.
    I just received a response from dakotacast (the company that streams USD games) and basically they don't know if they can stream it or not yet. Here is the response:

Mike,

I don’t know.

We’re working out some technical issues.

I do know it’s on Midco (cable) and they will stream it live if you’re a midco customer.

Kent

I just received a response from dakotacast (the company that streams USD games) and basically they don't know if they can stream it or not yet. Here is the response:

Mike,

I don’t know.

We’re working out some technical issues.

I do know it’s on Midco (cable) and they will stream it live if you’re a midco customer.

Kent

That's kinda what I was afraid of when people were talking about Fargo watch parties. If they can't accept credit cards for the tickets, I"m guessing all they have at the stadium is probably a phone line for 911 and maybe a telegraph to report scores to the Argus Leader. I doubt the Augie Doggies had much for webcasts when they played at Howard Wood, and they probably never updated the interwebs.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    That's kinda what I was afraid of when people were talking about Fargo watch parties. If they can't accept credit cards for the tickets, I"m guessing all they have at the stadium is probably a phone line for 911 and maybe a telegraph to report scores to the Argus Leader. I doubt the Augie Doggies had much for webcasts when they played at Howard Wood, and they probably never updated the interwebs.
    I just got a followup email from dakotacast - they will be able to stream the game. His email was short and to the point:

Good news…. We will be streaming the game