Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official. NDSU vs. #1 Indiana

Default It's official. NDSU vs. #1 Indiana

Well, the first poll is out and we will officially be playing the #1 team in the nation. To say it is the toughest team we have played in the history of NDSU basketball is an understatement. Suprisingly, NDSU's record against the top 25 is 2-1. Beating Wisconsin and Marquette, and losing to Kansas in the NCAA tournament.

USA Today Coaches Poll
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Indiana (21) 0-0 761
    2 Louisville (5) 0-0 738
    3 Kentucky (5) 0-0 718
    4 Ohio State 0-0 617
    5 Michigan 0-0 605
    6 North Carolina State 0-0 581
    7 Kansas 0-0 563
    8 Duke 0-0 516
    9 Syracuse 0-0 502
    10 Florida 0-0 422
    11 Arizona 0-0 411
    12 North Carolina 0-0 401
    13 UCLA 0-0 396
    14 Michigan State 0-0 391
    15 Creighton 0-0 325
    16 Memphis 0-0 307
    17 Missouri 0-0 289
    18 Baylor 0-0 266
    19 UNLV 0-0 203
    20 San Diego State 0-0 196
    21 Wisconsin 0-0 191
    22 Gonzaga 0-0 166
    23 Notre Dame 0-0 122
    24 Florida State 0-0 61
    24 Texas 0-0 61
    Others receiving votes: Saint Louis 58, Virginia Commonwealth 40, Cincinnati 33, Murray State 30, Kansas State 13, Saint Mary's 11, New Mexico 10, Tennessee 10, Minnesota 9, Pittsburgh 9, Marquette 8, Stanford 7, Oklahoma State 6, Butler 6, Colorado State 4, Middle Tennessee 3, Saint Joseph's 2, Drexel 2, Georgia 2, Miami (FL) 2, Marshall 1
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: It's official. NDSU vs. #1 Indiana

Indiana is loaded with talent, bringing back all their starters and had the #1 recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBohl View Post
    Indiana is loaded with talent, bringing back all their starters and had the #1 recruiting class.
    So you're saying there's a chance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Doubtful but I plan to be there to watch it! It will be their first game after a couple exhibitions so you never know how they will come out. Three years ago Syracuse earned a #1 seed in the tournament after losing an exhibition game to a D2 school. IU is loaded but I think the Bison will have a fun game at Assembly Hall. I'm looking forward to it.

Go out there and win this one for the Summit! Will try to do the same against the Goofers. I recognize our task is much easier than yours.

Knock them off and it would be bigger story then NH over Michigan IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bison will have to play bjorklund and aaberg a lot at the same time with indiana having zeller and christian watford

weve beaten tom crean before lets do it again!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    weve beaten tom crean before lets do it again!
    Exactly! Hopefully Saul has his number. We are definitely bigger and more athletic than we have been in the past, but this is a big 10 team and no doubt the early favorite to win it all. Going out and competing with this level of talent and athleticism will be great for this team as it's something they have not yet experienced. If we can keep it close early it'll be fun to see how far this team has come to compete late in games. We started strong against Minnesota last year and fell apart at the end. Great test, should be a blast to watch and I think playing this game as early as we are in the season gives us the best chance to keep this close. Really missing having midnight madness to get an early look at the team, but guess we'll just have to wait for the exhibition games.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Exactly! Hopefully Saul has his number. We are definitely bigger and more athletic than we have been in the past, but this is a big 10 team and no doubt the early favorite to win it all. Going out and competing with this level of talent and athleticism will be great for this team as it's something they have not yet experienced. If we can keep it close early it'll be fun to see how far this team has come to compete late in games. We started strong against Minnesota last year and fell apart at the end. Great test, should be a blast to watch and I think playing this game as early as we are in the season gives us the best chance to keep this close. Really missing having midnight madness to get an early look at the team, but guess we'll just have to wait for the exhibition games.
    Why didn't the team have a midnight madness practice this year? Just curious.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013