Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Removed Fargodome turf close to a new home

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Removed Fargodome turf close to a new home

I like that talk of adding a bubble to it in the future. That also might help with the lifetime of the turf because he have less exposure to the elements.

Awesome job Teammakers! Awesome job Gene Taylor! And you even have the vision to add a bubble!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I like that talk of adding a bubble to it in the future. That also might help with the lifetime of the turf because he have less exposure to the elements.
    Especially with late season weather and dome scheduling conflicts being possible

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    This is sweet! We go from having no sprint turf surfaces a couple years ago to having 3! I hope this deal goes down.

The only thing I wonder about is. Will the old Fargodome turf keep in the outdoors? I guess they could cover it up for the winter when its not being practiced on.
    You are forgetting something. The Fargodome turf is not inside-turf that's going to now be used outside, it's outside-turf that was going to be used inside. This exact same turf is used outside in dozens of facilities.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like how NDSU is slowly but surely adding to the facilities. They are working towards having first rate practice and game-day facilities for each sport.

1. Football: Fargodome for games. Combo of 2 grass fields, 2 turf fields (one with a potential bubble for indoor training), and Fargodome for practice.
    2. Basketball: BSA remodel for games. BSA addition for practice courts.
    3. Volleyball: BBF for games and practice
    4. Wrestling: BSA remodel for matches. BSA remodel for practice
    5. Soccer: Dacotah field rufurbish for matches. Combo of grass field by Ellig T/F complex, and Dacotah field for practice. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training.
    6. T/F/CC: Ellig T/F complex, Ellig Indoor building for meets and practice. Local golf courses for CC meets.
    7. Baseball: Newman Outdoor Field for games and practice. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training. Indoor batting cages and pitching mounds included in either BSA remodel or Ellig Indoor building.
    8. Golf: Local courses for meets and practice. Golf bubble for indoor training.
    9. Softball: Current complex for games. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training. Indoor batting cages and pitching mounds included in either BSA remodel or Ellig Indoor building.
    All: Indoor strength training and locker rooms/meeting space/offices in BSA remodel/addition.

Remaining projects: (1) Finish the BSA remodel/addition, (2) Add the bubble potential to the new outdoor turf field, (3) Seating/concessions/press box upgrades to Dacotah Field, Ellig Outdoor T/F, and softball complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I like how NDSU is slowly but surely adding to the facilities. They are working towards having first rate practice and game-day facilities for each sport.

1. Football: Fargodome for games. Combo of 2 grass fields, 2 turf fields (one with a potential bubble for indoor training), and Fargodome for practice.
    2. Basketball: BSA remodel for games. BSA addition for practice courts.
    3. Volleyball: BBF for games and practice
    4. Wrestling: BSA remodel for matches. BSA remodel for practice
    5. Soccer: Dacotah field rufurbish for matches. Combo of grass field by Ellig T/F complex, and Dacotah field for practice. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training.
    6. T/F/CC: Ellig T/F complex, Ellig Indoor building for meets and practice. Local golf courses for CC meets.
    7. Baseball: Newman Outdoor Field for games and practice. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training. Indoor batting cages and pitching mounds included in either BSA remodel or Ellig Indoor building.
    8. Golf: Local courses for meets and practice. Golf bubble for indoor training.
    9. Softball: Current complex for games. Could use potential bubble field for indoor training. Indoor batting cages and pitching mounds included in either BSA remodel or Ellig Indoor building.
    All: Indoor strength training and locker rooms/meeting space/offices in BSA remodel/addition.

Remaining projects: (1) Finish the BSA remodel/addition, (2) Add the bubble potential to the new outdoor turf field, (3) Seating/concessions/press box upgrades to Dacotah Field, Ellig Outdoor T/F, and softball complex.
    Bubble would be huge. In a perfect world we would get an indoor practice facility but the dome is obviously the ultimate indoor practice facility with the bubble as a great backup plan. I think that area needs a few more upgrades.

Thought this was a pretty cool release from NDSU on Facebook today!!

Throwback Thursday – Dacotah Field

With fall slowly giving way to colder temps, it’s only appropriate we focus on the elements in this part of the country. Many Bison fans will remember the elements while spending autumn afternoons at Dacotah Field.

For 54 years, from 1938 to 1992, the Bison dominated opponents at Dacotah Field. The Herd won eight National Championships in that time frame, capping the dominance by leading all divisions of college football with 103 victories in the 1980s. Many of those victories came at the venerable old stadium in north Fargo.

Dacotah Field was constructed in 1938 as a project by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) for a cost of $47,920 with an estimated capacity of 7,000 with 3,400-seat stands on both sides of the field.

That facility was regarded as one of the best in the Midlands in its early years and remained that way until the early 1950s when the field was relocated from its position directly west of Churchill Hall to make way for the newly constructed Memorial Union and Home Economics buildings. The new site was on the far northwest end of the campus where it sits to this day.

The last NDSU game at Dacotah Field was played on Nov. 21, 1992 with the Bison taking a 42-7 victory over NE Missouri State in the First Round of the NCAA playoffs.

The Dacotah Field surface was replaced in 2008 with Sprinturf and provides the Bison with a practice site especially during the unpredictable spring.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    You are forgetting something. The Fargodome turf is not inside-turf that's going to now be used outside, it's outside-turf that was going to be used inside. This exact same turf is used outside in dozens of facilities.
    good point but i read somewhere thst turf has a longer life expectancy indoors . cant remember how much but a few years can help save money. im more excited about a bubble idea because its good for dome scheduling conflicts and is just another tool that will help the program and impress recruits. most bubbles are reserved for bigger schools. they just got one at a mac school (one of the directional Michigans) and they claim its a big recruiting tool. of course the dome itself is the ultimate practice spot but if our plan b is better than someone elses plan a... good deal... even sdsu is looking at an indoor facility

I think it would be safe to say that ANY artificial turf will last longer indoors than outdoors.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think it would be safe to say that ANY artificial turf will last longer indoors than outdoors.
    Gabe is artificial, I bet he would last longer indoors as well!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.