Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removed Fargodome turf close to a new home

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Removed Fargodome turf close to a new home

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

"The North Dakota State athletic department is on the brink of buying the recently-deposed Fargodome artificial turf, which in turn could turn Dacotah Field into more of a soccer complex."

"If so, the turf would be installed in the western-most of the three Bison grass football practice fields. It would also free up the existing Sprinturf practice surface at old Dacotah Field for soccer, which currently plays at Ellig Sports Complex."

"Taylor said the department may look at renovating the current stands at Dacotah Field, although it hasn’t been determined if that is even feasible. A new scoreboard would also be needed."

Default Re: Removed Fargodome turf close to a new home

Good for the soccer program I think, but in my opinion any money spent on this is money taken away from reaching the fund raising goal for the SHAC.

533 In a row

I think this is a huge addition to the already impressive facilities that we have, and that all comes back to recruiting. This is a done deal and the price they were asking went way down. This is a tremendous addition for football, and helps soccer too.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Good and bad. The good is the soccer facilities will be upgraded and will have a nice looking place. I really hope they can restore some respectability to Dacotah Field bleachers. Refurbished it would look very classy.

The bad is how are we going to watch spring practices or scrimmages with no bleachers? Can the team practice at night? (Montana State in 2010 we practiced at night because the dome was being used) Would it be a dual use facility? What about privacy? The grass area is so wide open, anyone from other teams can basically sit and scout the team. At least Dacotah Field is enclosed with 3 giant structures.

I think a Dacotah Field decked out with nice bleachers and a scoreboard will be much more impressive to a recruit than say the current setup, even with the new turf.

If this can be used for both football and soccer, its a great idea.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-17-2012 at 12:58 AM.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is sweet! We go from having no sprint turf surfaces a couple years ago to having 3! I hope this deal goes down.

The only thing I wonder about is. Will the old Fargodome turf keep in the outdoors? I guess they could cover it up for the winter when its not being practiced on.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Good and bad. The good is the soccer facilities will be upgraded and will have a nice looking place. I really hope they can restore some respectability to Dacotah Field bleachers. Refurbished it would look very classy.

The bad is how are we going to watch spring practices or scrimmages with no bleachers? Can the team practice at night? (Montana State in 2010 we practiced at night because the dome was being used) Would it be a dual use facility? What about privacy? The grass area is so wide open, anyone from other teams can basically sit and scout the team. At least Dacotah Field is enclosed with 3 giant structures.

I think a Dacotah Field decked out with nice bleachers and a scoreboard will be much more impressive to a recruit than say the current setup, even with the new turf.

If this can be used for both football and soccer, its a great idea.

Didn't you paint the Dakotah field bleachers a year or two ago? Did it not hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I think this is a huge addition to the already impressive facilities that we have, and that all comes back to recruiting. This is a done deal and the price they were asking went way down. This is a tremendous addition for football, and helps soccer too.
    I hope the price went down to free, and NDSU pays for the outdoor installation and testing...I agree with roadwarrior and hope it does not detract from the new BSA funding.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFifty View Post
    Didn't you paint the Dakotah field bleachers a year or two ago? Did it not hold up?
    I got an email back from Troy Goergon saying a study was underway for the feasibility to fix them so we put it on hold. They are talking about making them structurally safe.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I got an email back from Troy Goergon saying a study was underway for the feasibility to fix them so we put it on hold. They are talking about making them structurally safe.
    If they want to know how to keep shoddy bleachers from collapsing perhaps they could put in a call to the people at SDSU? They've been using those same shitty bleachers in the visiting section decades past their usable life.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

"The North Dakota State athletic department is on the brink of buying the recently-deposed Fargodome artificial turf, which in turn could turn Dacotah Field into more of a soccer complex."

"If so, the turf would be installed in the western-most of the three Bison grass football practice fields. It would also free up the existing Sprinturf practice surface at old Dacotah Field for soccer, which currently plays at Ellig Sports Complex."

"Taylor said the department may look at renovating the current stands at Dacotah Field, although it hasn’t been determined if that is even feasible. A new scoreboard would also be needed."
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article...roup/homepage/

$ 350,000 paid by team makers with an unnamed sponser to provide part of that, 2 weeks to install