Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    If your goal was a FG attempt from the 30, 3 running plays would have been fine calls, but it was passing that got them inside the 30. Play to win and keep care of the ball.

Playcalling? Blah. Execute.
    I don't think running is playing for a field goal or not playing to win. We are a running football team. That's OUR bread and butter. Also I wouldn't have minded a tie considering we trailed most of the game and they had three more points than us when the clock ran out. In that case an even score is better because we...uh lost, in which case the score is not even. I love that hindsight is so clear, but passing might have gotten us to the 30 but passing at the end of that drive ended in another pick so in my hindsight I think the ONLY call that would have given us a chance to win was running. That's just me. At that point in the game my confidence was not in Brock, and our RBs didn't cause any turnovers so therefore logically I wanted a run.

i will try and be eloquent... you are a fucking moron.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Week 6 for the annual fire Vigen thread? That might be a record.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Thanks gave you all by yourself validated my opinion
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I'm not going to lie, Brock f*cked up tonight. Not doubt about it. Vigen also called an AWFUL game. The safeties were constantly sitting inside about 5-7 yards deep waiting for the run. Not once did we call a deep pass when they were just CAMPED inside. I have to put blame on Brock too, I can't even count how many times he should have either called an audible, or a hot route with his receiver. Just an awful game. Seriously. The only times we threw the ball, they were in the perfect coverage for it...that's BASIC freakin' play calling. Like I said in a thread last week or whatever about Vigen, he's got certain tendencies and he has a boner over certain plays. I could literally call the dive/power plays without even looking at the offense. Seriously. I've had it. This was it. I know Brock was at least partially, if not 50+% at fault, but as a coach you have to put your players in a position to win...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Bohl always talks about how teams almost always win when they score defensive or special teams touchdowns. ISU's three scores were the result of a great kick return and two defensive touchdowns. It's not likely for a team to lose the turnover battle 0-3, with 2 turnovers resulting in touchdowns, and win, even with the perfect offensive gameplan. That is a good defense and they used our recipe for success to beat us.

I hope we see one of these from Brock tonight on the 10 o'clock news..

http: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlIQF...e_gdata_player //

That was, by far, the worst game of his career. Tough night, but I have no doubt, he will be unstoppable from here on out. Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I'm not going to lie, Brock f*cked up tonight. Not doubt about it. Vigen also called an AWFUL game. The safeties were constantly sitting inside about 5-7 yards deep waiting for the run. Not once did we call a deep pass when they were just CAMPED inside. I have to put blame on Brock too, I can't even count how many times he should have either called an audible, or a hot route with his receiver. Just an awful game. Seriously. The only times we threw the ball, they were in the perfect coverage for it...that's BASIC freakin' play calling. Like I said in a thread last week or whatever about Vigen, he's got certain tendencies and he has a boner over certain plays. I could literally call the dive/power plays without even looking at the offense. Seriously. I've had it. This was it. I know Brock was at least partially, if not 50+% at fault, but as a coach you have to put your players in a position to win...
    Correct! I'm not saying fire Vigen. But I Agee with you. Also, where was the screen pass????? Not one? Not even a RB check down...

Huzzah! You speak great many trutge

They were just begging us to throw deep. Brock missed Okland 3-4 times on deep passes. Wide open and single coverage. That's not Vigens fault. That's Brock and the oline.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If I had to put this loss on anyone it would be the entire offense. The o-line was getting pushed around all game, Brock was throwing bad passes, running backs were doing nothing, and receivers weren't getting open and/or dropping passes.

The players of the game for NDSU were the NDSU defense. The players of the game for ISU were the NDSU offense.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1