Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

What I don't understand is how some of you can argue that a average to slightly above average offense is OK. Way too much pressure on the defense to come through every week. And why can't the offense get better?......with the recent turnovers against better teams the offense has regressed in my opinion. When the offense gets stopped much too often the result is the defense on the field way too much. Fatigue will set in at some point. Keep on rolling the dice that the defense will always rise to the occasion and you are setting yourself up for failure. Do the coaches actually have limits on offensive success? Any why would you do that? Running the same boring schemes so that the other teams defense can pin their ears back and knock the shit out of your offense is just plain stupid, not brilliant! You can be conservative and mix up the sets and play calls. How about passes over the middle during the first half and not on plays that require long yardage? How about quick passes to the tight ends? With Vigen it's same old crap, and then when that doesn't work he resorts to trick plays. The bore me to death offense leaves lots of room for innovation that apparently he and Bohl are incapable of drawing up.

Our offense has struggled a bit as of late but IMO injuries have played a role in that. Vraa is key to our passing game and Crockett has been playing hurt.

I'm not sure if people realize that Indiana State has a top 5 defense in FCS.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What I don't understand is how some of you can argue that a average to slightly above average offense is OK. Way too much pressure on the defense to come through every week. And why can't the offense get better?......with the recent turnovers against better teams the offense has regressed in my opinion. When the offense gets stopped much too often the result is the defense on the field way too much. Fatigue will set in at some point. Keep on rolling the dice that the defense will always rise to the occasion and you are setting yourself up for failure. Do the coaches actually have limits on offensive success? Any why would you do that? Running the same boring schemes so that the other teams defense can pin their ears back and knock the shit out of your offense is just plain stupid, not brilliant! You can be conservative and mix up the sets and play calls. How about passes over the middle during the first half and not on plays that require long yardage? How about quick passes to the tight ends? With Vigen it's same old crap, and then when that doesn't work he resorts to trick plays. The bore me to death offense leaves lots of room for innovation that apparently he and Bohl are incapable of drawing up.
    A couple things on this, and I want to point out right up front that I don't disagree with you. I think our offense can be better. Some of it is on the play calling, some of it is on execution of play calling. What I will say though is this: I would describe last years offense to be average/+average, and that seemed to work out OK*.

*The use of the word "OK" here is ridiculous for obvious reasons.

Another thing, if anyone on here HONESTLY thinks that firing your OC in the middle of a season will save it, well... then I will take you up on that argument, sirs.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Bisonsuckalot is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

Bison are on the verge of falling apart, I'd fire everyone!
    Who are the Bison?.........

Bison fans, the pride of the inbred people of ND

Bison fans............JV football rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    What I don't understand is how some of you can argue that a average to slightly above average offense is OK.
    OK, what is an acceptable level of offense? What schools in the FCS have the offense you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Ideally, I would prefer to have an elite defense AND an elite offense
    Agreed, we don't want a Ravens/Trent Dilfer situation where the defense is telling the offense...if they arent wide open...just throw it away. Whatever you do don't screw it up.

Edit.,..Im not saying we are in that situation. Just sayin I don't want us to go there either.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

We are #1 in scoring offense and #1 in total offense in the valley. Yes, Vigen must be fired.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    OK, what is an acceptable level of offense? What schools in the FCS have the offense you want?
    Fire Tony, save Bisonville.

Please stop with the insightful questions.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Not speaking for SD here but, for me at least, it's not about comparing to other schools, it's about having an offense that you can count on week-in and week-out based upon consistency, rather than wondering which one is gonna show up this week and next. Maybe the consistency is there and I am not seeing it. I know someone--maybe you--posted that we are ranked 6th in scoring and something like 32nd over all. If one were to take away the D and special teams scores, I doubt we would be in the top 10 of scoring.

Also, and I know the thread has been locked, but even if Jirek was just ribbing his offensive teammates, there is always a bit of truth even when joking/ribbing. My question: Is what I and others have been talking about starting to get to the D just a little bit?! If it is, that's not good. Personally, I can understand how it may be becoming a bit frustrating for the D. I recall a game against UNO where our back-up QB almost single-handedly lost the game for us, even tho we played very well on defense. It was frustrating and there was talk among the players big time. Everyone agrees it is a team game and a team win. Well, the O is part of the team the last time I checked, so a comeback of "it's a team game" when someone points out that the offense didn't play that well, but the D kept us in the game or won it for us gets a little tiring-->and I bet it does for the D players as well.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not speaking for SD here but, for me at least, it's not about comparing to other schools, it's about having an offense that you can count on week-in and week-out based upon consistency, rather than wondering which one is gonna show up this week and next. Maybe the consistency is there and I am not seeing it. I know someone--maybe you--posted that we are ranked 6th in scoring and something like 32nd over all. If one were to take away the D and special teams scores, I doubt we would be in the top 10 of scoring.
    Complete cop out. You want to fire a guy because of something that you can't explain and you have a standard for acceptable performance that is undefined. Bad defense or good defense, NDSU should score the same number of points? That. Is. Bull. Shit.

The second thing is ridiculous. Take away the 16 points that NDSU's defense and return game have produced and NDSU is ranked #7 in scoring offense. And to do that, you have to pretend that other teams don't score on defense or on returns.

The offense has given up the second-fewest turnovers in the nation - the defense is sitting at #32 in the nation for turnovers forced.

And BisonNeil, you just move from complaint to complaint - I can't keep track any longer. Fire Bohl, he doesn't recruit QBs. Fire Vigen, he doesn't develop QBs. Fire Vigen, he doesn't make Brock go to his secondary reads.

SDBison - you don't even make sense, dude. In one sentence you wrote something like, "I'll not constantly call for Vigen to be fired when he puts away a good team before the fourth quarter and engineers a comeback." Well, that should be easy to do... or do you mean that he has to do both in the same game?

Now I'm heading to my hurricane bunker. heheheheheheehe