Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

I'm still pissed at Wentz for changing the call on consecutive plays at the end of the Griz game we lost in '15. Run the damn ball!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Seems to me that Roehl is a dynamite play caller. Obviously, more evidence is needed before we can definitely say that he is better or worse than the others. But so far, the early returns show that Roehl is matching, and in some cases, surpassing the most elite offense the Bison have had in the DI era, with outrageously less experienced players. Damn impressive so far.

Polesak gets a bad wrap because he called a HORRIBLE game at Montana (like holy shit bad imho) and we lost the JMU game when we couldnt come back after that pick. Very debatable how much was on the offense and how much was on the defense and how much should be credited the the PREMIER FCS DYNASTY- THE UNSTOPPABLE AND INVINCIBLE JMU DUKES

ME is growing on me big time. CK was a once in a generation person/coach. ME seems to be all that with a more ass-kicking style attitude... which is basically gasoline on a fire for this Bison Fan. two thumbs up
    I am enjoying listening to Entz when he speaks. He’s got a touch of edginess to him and a some (I don’t care what the other teams think about my going for 2 or fake field goals). He has some of that I’m going to step on your throat attitude all while being respectful. It’s a little refreshing for me and I think the teams feeds off of that too. CK was/is a great guy and coach but I’m kinda digging Entz a little more.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I am enjoying listening to Entz when he speaks. He’s got a touch of edginess to him and a some (I don’t care what the other teams think about my going for 2 or fake field goals). He has some of that I’m going to step on your throat attitude all while being respectful. It’s a little refreshing for me and I think the teams feeds off of that too. CK was/is a great guy and coach but I’m kinda digging Entz a little more.
    I am enjoying his speaking too, especially when unscripted. CK is a bit more polished in his presentation in general I feel. ME just exudes enthusiasm and I am sure it is quite infectious. When he was hired IIRC his first media appearance he stated that he had been preparing for this opportunity his entire coaching career. He has made me a believer. And his preparation was quite effective I feel.
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 10-16-2019 at 03:25 PM. Reason: fix the damn grammar, geez. Got that college education...

Stepping on throats is a good thing I've always said; sucks the will right out of teams.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel like blaming on the JMU loss on TP is a bit overkill. That team couldn’t pass the ball for nothing when they needed to. Play calling wouldn’t have changed that. The receiver/qb combo we have now is better than 16’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I'm still pissed at Wentz for changing the call on consecutive plays at the end of the Griz game we lost in '15. Run the damn ball!

Wentz didn't change the calls.

No doubt about it. Entz is phenomenal. Are there going to be growing pains? Sure. But does he have the exact attitude that can keep this program trending upwards? Absolutely. He inherited a Ferrari and is turbo charging it.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Next head coach Roehl vs Blazec?? Will either leave first or wait for the opportunity after we win the next 4 and Entz takes the Iowa job. Kinda purple

Agreed! Favorite part about ME is he seems more willing to stomp on some throats than his predecessors. Love the fake field goal, love the swinging gate on extra points. He is doing a lot of right things right now!

I would pump the breaks on Entz and Roehl being world beaters. They may be but I will hold judgement until they get put in some tough situations and close games. We have not been tested much at all yet. They have a big part in that but a little caution is warranted as things can go to hell in a hurry and it is how the coaches handle those situations that make them truly elite.

As for listening to Entz, it is fun to do and I love his fire. I remember when he was first introduced at the teammaker lunch at the Fargodome, lets just say he has come a long way and grown as a public speaker. Two thumbs up from me on that.