Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This slew of coaching moves and transfers right now is all precipitated by the early signing period. A lot of it could be fixed if they actually made the early signing period early like in August. I think you'd see a lot less in season coaching moves and transfers from teams still playing in late November and December if that was the case. There would still be plenty of coaching churn and transfers but there wouldn't be such a rush to get it all done by mid-December and the focus would be moreso on getting it done in preparation for the late signing period in February.
    Or you could just make the transfer portal only open in the off season and have a window where coaches are allowed to change schools. It’s not that hard and would make life way easier for literally every single person involved. ADs, coaches, transferring players, their teammates, recruits, boosters, etc.

But it would make sense so no chance of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Bull shit. You stay with the team until the season is over. Leaving during the playoffs shows a lack of character.
    yeah, just like Brian Kelly!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Or you could just make the transfer portal only open in the off season and have a window where coaches are allowed to change schools. It’s not that hard and would make life way easier for literally every single person involved. ADs, coaches, transferring players, their teammates, recruits, boosters, etc.

Got to agree this would be the best idea but imagine it would just lead to more "in the shadows stuff" the NCAA would be forced to try police and they're worthless as is sooo

That could work but I'm guessing coaches wouldn't be fans of it because they'd have to blindly save scholarships from their high school recruiting classes that they're building in-season for potential transfers after the season. That would, in turn, limit the opportunities available to transfer athletes. That wouldn't be the worst thing though, it would probably calm down some of the transfer activity since the available schollies for transfers would be more limited.

That could work but I'm guessing coaches wouldn't be fans of it because they'd have to blindly save scholarships from their high school recruiting classes that they're building in-season for potential transfers after the season. That would, in turn, limit the opportunities available to transfer athletes. That wouldn't be the worst thing though, it would probably calm down some of the transfer activity since the available schollies for transfers would be more limited.
    Isn’t that what we had before all of this transfer madness? Kids should be allowed to transfer but this has gotten out of hand and the people worst affected are the kids themselves. For a handful of reasons
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I get the comparison to Coaches making crazy salaries who can leave anytime they like. As a fan though I have to admit limiting transfers to the offseason is an appealing idea. Feels kinda selfish of myself but hard not to feel a bit butt hurt as a fan when a player transfers midseason.

Should make the early signing period end prior to Sept. 1 and make the transfer portal open Jan. 1st. No reason to allow transfers during the season.

Isn’t that what we had before all of this transfer madness? Kids should be allowed to transfer but this has gotten out of hand and the people worst affected are the kids themselves. For a handful of reasons
    I think players could always transfer whenever they wanted to. There never used to be a portal though which I believe makes it easier for players to transfer... and before the early signing day was a thing there wasn't such a mad rush to get your name out there by early December or sooner or risk losing opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you think its ok to bail on your team in the playoffs?
    Only if you are ahead at half time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I think players could always transfer whenever they wanted to. There never used to be a portal though which I believe makes it easier for players to transfer... and before the early signing day was a thing there wasn't such a mad rush to get your name out there by early December or sooner or risk losing opportunities.
    Right but they used to have to sit out a year unless transferring down. That made all this much more orderly too
    *one day later*