Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire vigen save season

Default Re: Fire vigen save season

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I would pump the breaks on Entz and Roehl being world beaters. They may be but I will hold judgement until they get put in some tough situations and close games. We have not been tested much at all yet. They have a big part in that but a little caution is warranted as things can go to hell in a hurry and it is how the coaches handle those situations that make them truly elite.

As for listening to Entz, it is fun to do and I love his fire. I remember when he was first introduced at the teammaker lunch at the Fargodome, lets just say he has come a long way and grown as a public speaker. Two thumbs up from me on that.
    Soooo, you're saying you're reserving judgement until the game at Autzen? In all seriousness and with no disrespect to Missouri State if these Bison handle their business in Brookings and Youngstown in a similar manner with which they have with the last two opponents then I'm just not sure where that challenge is going to come from. Call me crazy if you will. I'm questioning it myself but we can all see what is going on whether it is believable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I would pump the breaks on Entz and Roehl being world beaters. They may be but I will hold judgement until they get put in some tough situations and close games. We have not been tested much at all yet. They have a big part in that but a little caution is warranted as things can go to hell in a hurry and it is how the coaches handle those situations that make them truly elite.

As for listening to Entz, it is fun to do and I love his fire. I remember when he was first introduced at the teammaker lunch at the Fargodome, lets just say he has come a long way and grown as a public speaker. Two thumbs up from me on that.

First test? October 26th at Steigville comes to mind......

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Seems to me that Roehl is a dynamite play caller. Obviously, more evidence is needed before we can definitely say that he is better or worse than the others. But so far, the early returns show that Roehl is matching, and in some cases, surpassing the most elite offense the Bison have had in the DI era, with outrageously less experienced players. Damn impressive so far.

Polesak gets a bad wrap because he called a HORRIBLE game at Montana (like holy shit bad imho) and we lost the JMU game when we couldnt come back after that pick. Very debatable how much was on the offense and how much was on the defense and how much should be credited the the PREMIER FCS DYNASTY- THE UNSTOPPABLE AND INVINCIBLE JMU DUKES

ME is growing on me big time. CK was a once in a generation person/coach. ME seems to be all that with a more ass-kicking style attitude... which is basically gasoline on a fire for this Bison Fan. two thumbs up
    But we did score 35 against Montana? That’s the only game I haven’t watched so maybe there were other issues.

Love the ass kicking attitude and aggressive offensive style, including going on 4th and 2pt plays. Against UNI on that 4th down play, Phil Hansen was surprised they were going for it. I mean, come on, it’s 4th and frickin 1 near the 20 yard line, we are gashing them on the ground. Go For It!! In general, coaches are way too conservative kicking field goals and I just love that Entz hates kicking them. Coaches need to take more of a moneyball approach to the kick decision. Even if we were stopped on that play and it was a tight game I’d still like the call given how the game was playing out. It sends a message to the team, ala Iowa in 2016, doubt we’d have won that game if we had not gone for 2 and missed. There is a time/place to kick, but 4th and 1 is not it unless late in game for the win/tie.

It is also clear that Entz respects opponents and finds ways to get players motivated by continuing to find areas for growth. He brought up the ISUb and USD games in this week’s presser. This is a dude that gets it. Extremely important with such a young team to drive home importance of continual growth. 100% confident those guys will be out there Saturday competing against themselves to improve technique, decisions etc, despite the score

I like the "trickery" as well on occasion, what i do prefer though is getting the ball in the hands of skilled players so if things dont go as planned the fake may still work out. ex: holder on FG's is the backup QB or direct snap to speedster. Punters taking off if they have decent speed is always a good choice as well if they have a knack for seeing opportunity in a defense alignment. Coach Bohl had a great knack for calling well timed fakes and many of those broke games wide open or sealed them. Entz will definately make defenses think twice about going all out on block kick and punts opportunities. Under Klieman teams were selling out a lot in later years as he NEVER or very seldom faked anything. It all worked out in the end though. I prefer some trickery as it often breaks an opponents will when it works.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I like the "trickery" as well on occasion, what i do prefer though is getting the ball in the hands of skilled players so if things dont go as planned the fake may still work out. ex: holder on FG's is the backup QB or direct snap to speedster. Punters taking off if they have decent speed is always a good choice as well if they have a knack for seeing opportunity in a defense alignment. Coach Bohl had a great knack for calling well timed fakes and many of those broke games wide open or sealed them. Entz will definately make defenses think twice about going all out on block kick and punts opportunities. Under Klieman teams were selling out a lot in later years as he NEVER or very seldom faked anything. It all worked out in the end though. I prefer some trickery as it often breaks an opponents will when it works.

He couldn't even smell a fake coming at him. It just isn't in his DNA to understand the right time to fake(or be faked).

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    I'm still pissed at Wentz for changing the call on consecutive plays at the end of the Griz game we lost in '15. Run the damn ball!
    Polacek said he made the call and Klieman backed him up..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Entz mentioned on bison 1660 coaches call in show Monday night the education process of rotating players. (He has explained multiple other strategies as well.)

Said players are gonna get noticed on tape if they are called to come in randomly and don’t know their assignment- keeps everyone focused in practice.

The nuances of what he does are interesting. And he is willing to explain why he is doing it. 400 level football class and I love it. Great education for fans, coaches, and players.

Willing to forgive stuff that doesn’t work out for him if well reasoned. (And still within the overall “definition” of Bison football.)

I encourage all Bison fans to pull up Entz interviews. They are gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    He couldn't even smell a fake coming at him. It just isn't in his DNA to understand the right time to fake(or be faked).
    This right here!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I encourage all Bison fans to pull up Entz interviews. They are gold.
    He comes across as prepared and direct. There's a hint of coach speak in there but when he gets to the points he wants to make he is detailed and that makes it feed like you're getting something out of listening to his interviews.

The CP play calling against JMU was horrendous. He did not have the mental/creative capacity to adjust when things got tuff. Easton should have been rolling out to give him run-throw options. Just baffling to me.

I enjoy the mentality of ME and TR right now, but wanna see their collective response when shit is really hitting the fan. That said, and this is difficult to say, but Trey Lance May just be good enough to bail them out regardless. I keep waiting for him and the O to make a “juvenile” mistake, but it hasn’t happened. I’m just pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.