Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March of the Penguins?

Default March of the Penguins?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere on Bisonville (sorry if already brought up as I have not had chance to catch up on posts), but what are some thoughts on the Fargo Forum gameday insert with the huge Penguin standing full length of the insert cover page towering over a very small and submissive looking Bison head chewing on grass..........the title of the insert........March of the Penguins????????? Does the Forum have so many UND graduates that they like to screw with Bison fans? Some may say this seems to be an over reaction, but WTF Fargo Forum? You would never see something like that in the Lincoln newspaper depicting the Huskers as diminutive. And then to use a movie title that makes it sound like the Penguins are on a march instead of the Bison. Just bad stuff by the Fargo Forum again. The Forum should just fold and re-invent itself as a gay and womans tabloid like it has already become anyway.

Default Re: March of the Penguins?

I don't ever read the fishwrap or infoolem.com. Kolpack is awesome, but I can't stand that paper!

Btw, how was the march of the mighty Penguins?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I don't ever read the fishwrap or infoolem.com. Kolpack is awesome, but I can't stand that paper!

Btw, how was the march of the mighty Penguins?
    Well, the Penguins didn't look much like a #3 ranked team............

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere on Bisonville (sorry if already brought up as I have not had chance to catch up on posts), but what are some thoughts on the Fargo Forum gameday insert with the huge Penguin standing full length of the insert cover page towering over a very small and submissive looking Bison head chewing on grass..........the title of the insert........March of the Penguins????????? Does the Forum have so many UND graduates that they like to screw with Bison fans? Some may say this seems to be an over reaction, but WTF Fargo Forum? You would never see something like that in the Lincoln newspaper depicting the Huskers as diminutive. And then to use a movie title that makes it sound like the Penguins are on a march instead of the Bison. Just bad stuff by the Fargo Forum again. The Forum should just fold and re-invent itself as a gay and womans tabloid like it has already become anyway.
    Everyone I have talked to was pissed about the gameday pullout movie poster mock up shot. I think that was the intent.

Most everyone was also pissed off at Herbstreit and Howard on ESPN Gameday picking YSU. Personally, I love this kind of stuff. Just let everyone keep underestimating the Herd.

Although they do occasionally get love, it always seems to be tempered with predictions that the pressure will grow and they will eventually falter.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4534562

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4534488

I didn't see it, but wouldn't "Marched on the Penguins" have made a better headline?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I don't have any problem with Herbstreit and Howard picking YSU....they're both from Ohio.
    The only way way the Foolum should have depicted March of the Penguins is the part where the seals and killer whales line up for the penguin buffett.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I am usually a supporter of Kolpack's musings...but question why he thought it necessary to add the the bottom three paragraph's to his post game story to yesterday' game. Added nothing to the story, and appeared to be sour grapes IMO:

“In big games, big-time players make big plays, and that’s what he did,” said Bison linebacker Grant Olson.

We’ll have to take Olson’s comments on the interception as the sole player version because Williams, as has been the case since the petition fraud case was revealed a month ago, was unavailable for comment. That was a disappointing move in an otherwise glorious afternoon.

The football program put the issue to bed this week when the players pleaded guilty, the university president and athletic director answered questions and the head coach made his decision. It was over for everybody involved.

Guess what? The issue just got brought up again, in this space. It was brought up again in the Associated Press story, for Williams not being available for comment on the game’s biggest play.

Quote Originally Posted by BISON Thunder View Post
    I am usually a supporter of Kolpack's musings...but question why he thought it necessary to add the the bottom three paragraph's to his post game story to yesterday' game. Added nothing to the story, and appeared to be sour grapes IMO:

“In big games, big-time players make big plays, and that’s what he did,” said Bison linebacker Grant Olson.

We’ll have to take Olson’s comments on the interception as the sole player version because Williams, as has been the case since the petition fraud case was revealed a month ago, was unavailable for comment. That was a disappointing move in an otherwise glorious afternoon.

The football program put the issue to bed this week when the players pleaded guilty, the university president and athletic director answered questions and the head coach made his decision. It was over for everybody involved.

Guess what? The issue just got brought up again, in this space. It was brought up again in the Associated Press story, for Williams not being available for comment on the game’s biggest play.
    He has a point, Williams should be available for comment. He had the play of the game which completely changed the momentum. Having his quote in the paper makes his article stronger.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    He has a point, Williams should be available for comment. He had the play of the game which completely changed the momentum.
    Maybe that is MWill's call, not NDSU's?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Adam 12, Adam 12........call off that missing persons search for aces1180. We've had a sighting.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013