Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU tickets

Default YSU tickets

http://fargo.craigslist.org/tia/

Appears to be several on here, not that I like the inflated prices but either these will go empty or someone is willing to spend a little cash
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Default Re: YSU tickets

This one makes me shake my head: http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3312112753.html

I have 7 tickets located in the 1st row of the South end zone (Section 9). These are great seats to watch the Bison triumph over the Penguins in possibly the biggest game in NDSU history at the Fargo Dome. Its 1 vs 3 and you will be seating right in the middle of the action. $200 per ticket or $1200 for all 7
    Those are seats that are $110 for season tickets (no required Team Maker dues either). So pretty much you're looking at a 1100% markup on them for this game. I acknowledge that this is a free market but at some point the line gets crossed into what's immoral and this does that IMO.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This one makes me shake my head: http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/3312112753.html

Those are seats that are $110 for season tickets (no required Team Maker dues either). So pretty much you're looking at a 1100% markup on them for this game. I acknowledge that this is a free market but at some point the line gets crossed into what's immoral and this does that IMO.
    I believe they could be paying Teammaker dues but choose to sit in those seats.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    I believe they could be paying Teammaker dues but choose to sit in those seats.
    That's correct, it's just not required on end zone seats (as of yet).

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's correct, it's just not required on end zone seats (as of yet).
    So, if they are paying the dues, is it really a markup?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    So, if they are paying the dues, is it really a markup?
    Yes, because they could choose to end their Team Maker contributions, if they do make them, and they would not lose those seats. I have end zone season tickets as well and you pay a flat $110 rate for them. I also contribute to Team Makers but that's separate from my season ticket purchase. If you have a designated Team Maker seat I'm pretty sure you have to make the required donation when you buy those seats.

If I sold my tickets I wouldn't expect a buyer to help cover the costs of a Team Maker donation that I voluntarily make.

Yes, because they could choose to end their Team Maker contributions, if they do make them, and they would not lose those seats. I have end zone season tickets as well and you pay a flat $110 rate for them. I also contribute to Team Makers but that's separate from my season ticket purchase. If you have a designated Team Maker seat I'm pretty sure you have to make the required donation when you buy those seats.

If I sold my tickets I wouldn't expect a buyer to help cover the costs of a Team Maker donation that I voluntarily make.
    Same here.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Don't like the price, don't pay it. People overpay for tickets all the time. I'd pay $200 to sit front row, especially since the price is inflated because those seats are so close to Tatanka!

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is douchery. Pure unadulterated douchery.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Don't like the price, don't pay it. People overpay for tickets all the time. I'd pay $200 to sit front row, especially since the price is inflated because those seats are so close to Tatanka!
    That is quite a benefit. Between that and all the damn emails with my likeness on them, well, that's a revenue stream I have obviously failed to capture. Will fix for next year.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.