Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam Keller

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Adam Keller

I was going to start a thread dogging our red zone offense and how better execution there would have resulted in a 30 point spread vs UNI, but thought it would be better to give Adam Keller some love for a big game in a hostile environment instead. That 43 yard field goal was huge! I feel much better about our kicking game after last night. I know we had one blocked and couldn't tell if that was a poor kick or protection breakdown on the grainy no replay Internet feed, so there is room for improvement, but he came up big in a big game and should be full of confidence.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Default Re: Adam Keller

It's nice to have a confident kicker, kid is doing a great job. I think we are years ahead of the BeeBow years.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Having a good kicker in games like this keeps the momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I was going to start a thread dogging our red zone offense and how better execution there would have resulted in a 30 point spread vs UNI, but thought it would be better to give Adam Keller some love for a big game in a hostile environment instead. That 43 yard field goal was huge! I feel much better about our kicking game after last night. I know we had one blocked and couldn't tell if that was a poor kick or protection breakdown on the grainy no replay Internet feed, so there is room for improvement, but he came up big in a big game and should be full of confidence.
    Unfortunately, protection. I have a photo (will not be put up) showing a blocker on his back and the defender stretched out to block the kick.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Kicker Adam Keller Recognized for September Performance by Fred Mitchell Award

Keller, who is in his first full year as the starting kicker, is also averaging 62 yards on 30 kickoffs. He has been a coach for the Tri-City Soccer seventh grade boys team, a Rosewood on Broadway Nursing Home volunteer, and worked with children at TNT Gymnastics.
    Another example of a Bison athlete doing good things in our community.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Kicker Adam Keller Recognized for September Performance by Fred Mitchell Award

Another example of a Bison athlete doing good things in our community.
    I am waiting with fainted breath (Thanks Whioux troll) for the article in tomorrow's Forum about his accolades.

All this kid does is kick the ball thru the uprights and drill kickoffs high, deep, and seldom anywhere near the middle of the field.
    Becoming my new favorite player very quickly!

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was nervous about him at the beginning of year, I like his range and accuracy this year

Adam's statistics this season:

FIELD GOALS FGM-FGA Pct 01-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-99 Lg Blk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Keller,Adam 10-13 76.9 0-0 5-5 3-4 2-4 0-0 49 1

PAT-ATTEMPTS.................. (27-27) 100%

533 In a row

Still having hamstring problems though. Forum said that Adam got taken off of kickoffs and LeCompte put in because the hammie problem was flaring up.