Thread: Old searches

Default Old searches

So, while trying to look up the first instance of Tatanka using ++ (I was trying to span a decade of bisonville memes for the t-shirt idea thread), I couldn't see where to search more than one year ago. Same goes for viewing the board. There used to be an option at the bottom to display posts from the last year, month, beginning, etc that seems to be missing.

What's up with that?
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Default Re: Old searches

There has gotta be some gems in the Demotivational thread...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    So, while trying to look up the first instance of Tatanka using ++ (I was trying to span a decade of bisonville memes for the t-shirt idea thread), I couldn't see where to search more than one year ago. Same goes for viewing the board. There used to be an option at the bottom to display posts from the last year, month, beginning, etc that seems to be missing.

What's up with that?
    Might have to do with that "Tony" thing updating the software a while back!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There has gotta be some gems in the Demotivational thread...
    I'd hope so because what you've thrown up there lately is garbage....
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'd hope so because what you've thrown up there lately is garbage....
    It has been about you...makes sense.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post

What's up with that?
    I did a re-index so you should be able to go back to the beginning.

If you go to Advanced Search, the Search Single Content Type, you should see those options (I'm going to test with "A Year Ago" for the time frame "And Older" as the comparison.

That's how I found the earliest occurrence of the word "asshat (tatanka referring to Mike McFeely.)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...sshat#post7558

Ah, I searched for "jackass" and it was me describing Ed Schultz (set your wayback machine to 1/4/2003)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ie-Eddie-Eddie-...

Edit: Including some test results.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I did a re-index so you should be able to go back to the beginning.

If you go to Advanced Search, the Search Single Content Type, you should see those options (I'm going to test with "A Year Ago" for the time frame "And Older" as the comparison.

That's how I found the earliest occurrence of the word "asshat (tatanka referring to Mike McFeely.)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...sshat#post7558

Ah, I searched for "jackass" and it was me describing Ed Schultz (set your wayback machine to 1/4/2003)

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ie-Eddie-Eddie-...

Edit: Including some test results.
    Thanks tony! That's what I was looking for and I figured out you have to be in a forum's index page to see the thread display options, which isn't shown on the main index.

It's been a long day. I spent half the day restraining myself from responding to an email where a VP used the word "emergently" to describe an urgent condition, to which I wanted to respond with this:

Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved