Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays

Default Re: Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    You've been out of ND too long.

You got that right.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

While it wasn't the cleanest hit by any standard and he should probably expect to open up his pocketbook it definitely wasn't an intended shot. Joe Mays is a hard hitter, not a dirty player.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope he doesn't get suspended for that hit. I would not be shocked if the NFL did suspend him though.

Perfectly clean hit, didn't launch himself, hit in the numbers, the whiplash is what caused Schaubs facemask to hit the crown of mays helmet and caused it to come off. Matt should tighten his chinstrap a little, then his helmet wouldn't come off like that.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thumbs up Re: Joe Mays

I bet the birds were singing for schaub from that one. I heard that Joe sent a car to pick up some of his former teamates and treated them to the broncos game the day after the Bison played in Colorado. He's a nice fellow who remembers his friends and not blinded by stardom.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Perfectly clean hit, didn't launch himself, hit in the numbers, the whiplash is what caused Schaubs facemask to hit the crown of mays helmet and caused it to come off. Matt should tighten his chinstrap a little, then his helmet wouldn't come off like that.
    Yeah, that looked like a bad call to me. Once the QB releases the ball, defenders are not permitted to make contact with the quarterback unless carried to do so by the momentum - Joe had some monstrous momentum.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7090--nfl.html

^ From this angle, Joe even pulls up. Bad call.

I wonder if the helmet didn't come off if the flag would've flown. I've been pretty torn on the replacment officials, but in all honesty the game is just to fast for most of them. They don't watch the WR complete the catch they are to worried about the spot and about the clock. Don't get me wrong there are a few out there that are capable of being NFL officials, but the majority just are not ready and shouldn't be there. But this is what should make the biggest arguement that at least a portion of every crew should be full time. Also for anyone that wasn't aware, they are working in set crews. The NFL is assigning 8 officials to games, it doesn't matter who you worked with last week. IMO working as a crew in football is one of the most benefitial thing you can do at any level of officiating football. Knowing where your fellow offiials are looking and trusting their calls is important. I'm interested to see what Indy's opinion is on this.

Just saw on ESPN that the NFL is "considering" a one-game suspension. That would suck...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Just saw on ESPN that the NFL is "considering" a one-game suspension. That would suck...
    Although I wouldn't be surprised.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Looked to like Schaub turn right at the last moment that turn a hit that would have been mostly on his shoulder to a hit that about took his head off. I Wold actually be surprise with a suspension.