Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Joe Mays

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Joe Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I have never heard pads pop in the dome as loud as on Joes hits.

Of course now you don't hear in the dome.
    The fullbacks said they'd never been hit harder then Joe Mays at practice

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    The second wasnt legal. Thats why the refs threw a flag.
    I forgot.. deleted that part

Dude was legit the Hitman and laid the wood
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    The second wasnt legal. Thats why the refs threw a flag.
    It.was continuation of motion. There was no way that hit was going to be stopped at the time the QB threw the ball.

Obviously the rule is to protect the QB and he got blasted on that play, but unless we put em in red jerseys and make tackling a penalty this is what you'll get.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    It.was continuation of motion. There was no way that hit was going to be stopped at the time the QB threw the ball.

Obviously the rule is to protect the QB and he got blasted on that play, but unless we put em in red jerseys and make tackling a penalty this is what you'll get.
    yea thank you. May's was already in the air trying to make a play and Schaub crouched down this his chin came down

Dood is a beast. Unsure of when the shaub hit was, but it looks like it was before targeting penalties existed.
    Seemed pretty standard for the time, honestly. Context is important guys... but i know, I know, the narrative that Lakes is the worst human ever or something. I think I'm going to coin a new term: "Lakes Derangement Syndrome". If your LDS lasts longer than four hours, or has you trashing old NDSU players because Lakes liked it, than consult your doctor.

For real guys- lets not play revisionist history and pretend that Joe is a dirty player or something by holding him to standards that didnt exist at the time.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Real question...

How much money would you need to receive in order to just take a straight on hit from Joe Mays? You get to wear pads and everything, but he gets 10 yards sprint right at you?
    10k? 100K 1M?

Honestly, I'm unsure If I would do it for less than 100,000 LOL. Not sure I would ever be able to feed myself ever again
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post

This isn't a foul because it's late. It's a foul because he launched at a defenseless opponent with the crown of his helmet to the head out neck area with no attempt to wrap up and made forcible contact while doing it. This has almost every element possible for both instances of targeting in NCAA rules. I don't know the NFL rules as well, but I think at this time the NFL already has their rule that almost any contact to the head of the passer was roughing. I believe their version of targeting came after this

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

People see what they want to see.

I saw a quarterback nearly lose helmet on a play and then get laid out, lose his helmet on the next one.

Mays lowered his shoulder and ran through the tackle. He never launched, he was on his feet before, during, and after the hit.

I hate the play for two reasons at it contains the two things I dislike most about the NFL - unnecessary roughness (not the penalty, just knocking the sh#t out of a guy which Joe is notorious for) and quarterback pussery.

Strap your helmet on and be ready to take a hit.

Don't waddle out there like you're part of the f@cking gentry and then take offense when you get nailed.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Real question...

How much money would you need to receive in order to just take a straight on hit from Joe Mays? You get to wear pads and everything, but he gets 10 yards sprint right at you?
    10k? 100K 1M?

Honestly, I'm unsure If I would do it for less than 100,000 LOL. Not sure I would ever be able to feed myself ever again
    $10k probably.. ..

Possibility of permanent brain damage? No price.