Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future

Default Re: The Future

I would bet that a lot of FBS programs would love to have our depth problems. Our running back and quarterback situation looks just like an upper-level FBS team. I did graduate work at Arizona State...and the type of athlete is very similar. Sam Ojuri is taking on the appearance of an NFL prospect. He looks a lot stronger.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I would bet that a lot of FBS programs would love to have our depth problems. Our running back and quarterback situation looks just like an upper-level FBS team. I did graduate work at Arizona State...and the type of athlete is very similar. Sam Ojuri is taking on the appearance of an NFL prospect. He looks a lot stronger.
    I love our team and I think there is good quality depth. However, I don't think we have many players with NFL talent (MWill being the most obvious exception). The Bison are definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. The strength of the Bison is the herd.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I love our team and I think there is good quality depth. However, I don't think we have many players with NFL talent (MWill being the most obvious exception). The Bison are definitely a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. The strength of the Bison is the herd.
    No doubt that we have the herd mentality working extremely well...but I wasn't talking about NFL talent throughout the lineup.

Ojuri has the 'appearance' of an NFL-caliber back...imo

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    No doubt that we have the herd mentality working extremely well...but I wasn't talking about NFL talent throughout the lineup.

Ojuri has the 'appearance' of an NFL-caliber back...imo
    Crockett looks more like a NFL back than Ojuri in my opinion.
    We are NDSU!!!

A+ post burgundy. Bohl has set this program up to be successful for years to come. It seems like everyone has bought into the idea that it doesn't matter how many snaps/reps individuals get. It's a real luxury to be able to rotate guys in and out and not lose a step.....and the players have bought into the philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by WRSDBison View Post
    Crockett looks more like a NFL back than Ojuri in my opinion.
    If John works hard and builds himself up, I'd agree that his upside is bigger.

Nothing against Ojuri, but I would have to honestly say that the Bison have 3 backs that are better than him. Look at the game film from last night. They all show a lot more speed and agility. And look at the yards per carry. Crockett, Dinwiddie and Jones all made better appearances last night.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnygolf5 View Post
    Nothing against Ojuri, but I would have to honestly say that the Bison have 3 backs that are better than him. Look at the game film from last night. They all show a lot more speed and agility. And look at the yards per carry. Crockett, Dinwiddie and Jones all made better appearances last night.
    false......

I dont agree. Crocket and Ojuri are 1-2. Crocket has more up side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Each RB has their own strengths and individual abilities that they bring to the table that makes this stable of running backs truly unique. Ojuri has a knack for getting the extra yard when we need it. Crockett makes the impossible the possible. Dinwiddie is seriously wound up like a toy. Explosive speed from the start and good luck trying to see the guy behind the Rams. Lang will hurt you. A true bruiser. Jones has a rare gift of speed and strength. If you try and focus on one, we bring the other. Figure it out, here comes the next one. Rare and extra special time for the Herd. Let's enjoy the ride!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.