Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

Default Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

This is my first Bisonville post. I just wanted to share some photos from the Bison victory over CSU. Enjoy.

Wolfman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

Great Photos!

Nice pics! The guy in the CSU shirt looks like Bo Pelini.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Rock star first post! Welcome to BV.

You quite possibly snapped a picture of Marcus at the moment of his injury. Shoe is planted and he's twisting. Often results in a meniscus tear.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    You quite possibly snapped a picture of Marcus at the moment of his injury. Shoe is planted and he's twisting. Often results in a meniscus tear.
    Wow! I had a similar thought. I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Wow! I had a similar thought. I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing.
    That could very well be the play, but I would think not. Not a medical person here, but this is why i think not. The play is going from right to left in this pic, and even though his left foot is down he really has not twisted it in a wrenching way at this point. In my opinion his foot would still have to be in the same spot it is in the pic, but his body would have to have turned over another 180 degrees yet to put tork on that knee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TennBison View Post
    That could very well be the play, but I would think not. Not a medical person here, but this is why i think not. The play is going from right to left in this pic, and even though his left foot is down he really has not twisted it in a wrenching way at this point. In my opinion his foot would still have to be in the same spot it is in the pic, but his body would have to have turned over another 180 degrees yet to put tork on that knee yet.
    180 degrees?? I can't think of many accidents that could cause that kind of biomechanical anomaly. Perhaps falling to earth after a failed parachute opening. Now that could cause enough torque (or tork) to do some real damage. However, in the aforementioned hypothetical, knee surgery would be a tremendous waste of money and resources.

Oh, and getting back to the Williams snapshot.......his body/foot position is well suited for a meniscus tear.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    180 degrees?? I can't think of many accidents that could cause that kind of biomechanical anomaly. Perhaps falling to earth after a failed parachute opening. Now that could cause enough torque (or tork) to do some real damage. However, in the aforementioned hypothetical, knee surgery would be a tremendous waste of money and resources.

Oh, and getting back to the Williams snapshot.......his body/foot position is well suited for a meniscus tear.
    Oh there is no doubt that he very well could have done it right there, and a foot being panted and body twisting would easily do it. I'm just injecting a thought of mine that I think he would have to twist it much more to his left to cause the meniscus injury that he had. Like I said I'm not a doctor nor claiming to be one. Does anyone know when he is or did have his procedure done, I would think if they said two weeks and he would be back for the Northern Iowa game that it would have been done by now.

Hey great fotos first time!!!! I think I was sitting close to you on row 57. Go Bison