Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    This is my first Bisonville post. I just wanted to share some photos from the Bison victory over CSU. Enjoy.

    Wolfman
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Great Photos!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Nice pics! The guy in the CSU shirt looks like Bo Pelini.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    536

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Rock star first post! Welcome to BV.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,880

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    You quite possibly snapped a picture of Marcus at the moment of his injury. Shoe is planted and he's twisting. Often results in a meniscus tear.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    8,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    You quite possibly snapped a picture of Marcus at the moment of his injury. Shoe is planted and he's twisting. Often results in a meniscus tear.
    Wow! I had a similar thought. I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Where the Bison roam
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Wow! I had a similar thought. I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing.
    That could very well be the play, but I would think not. Not a medical person here, but this is why i think not. The play is going from right to left in this pic, and even though his left foot is down he really has not twisted it in a wrenching way at this point. In my opinion his foot would still have to be in the same spot it is in the pic, but his body would have to have turned over another 180 degrees yet to put tork on that knee yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,880

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Quote Originally Posted by TennBison View Post
    That could very well be the play, but I would think not. Not a medical person here, but this is why i think not. The play is going from right to left in this pic, and even though his left foot is down he really has not twisted it in a wrenching way at this point. In my opinion his foot would still have to be in the same spot it is in the pic, but his body would have to have turned over another 180 degrees yet to put tork on that knee yet.
    180 degrees?? I can't think of many accidents that could cause that kind of biomechanical anomaly. Perhaps falling to earth after a failed parachute opening. Now that could cause enough torque (or tork) to do some real damage. However, in the aforementioned hypothetical, knee surgery would be a tremendous waste of money and resources.

    Oh, and getting back to the Williams snapshot.......his body/foot position is well suited for a meniscus tear.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Where the Bison roam
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    180 degrees?? I can't think of many accidents that could cause that kind of biomechanical anomaly. Perhaps falling to earth after a failed parachute opening. Now that could cause enough torque (or tork) to do some real damage. However, in the aforementioned hypothetical, knee surgery would be a tremendous waste of money and resources.

    Oh, and getting back to the Williams snapshot.......his body/foot position is well suited for a meniscus tear.
    Oh there is no doubt that he very well could have done it right there, and a foot being panted and body twisting would easily do it. I'm just injecting a thought of mine that I think he would have to twist it much more to his left to cause the meniscus injury that he had. Like I said I'm not a doctor nor claiming to be one. Does anyone know when he is or did have his procedure done, I would think if they said two weeks and he would be back for the Northern Iowa game that it would have been done by now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    465
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Bison - CSU Game Photos 01

    Hey great fotos first time!!!! I think I was sitting close to you on row 57. Go Bison

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •