Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're going to the KState football game...

Default Re: If you're going to the KState football game...

Quote Originally Posted by westriver bison View Post
    The Holiday Inn is also a good place to stay. Right next to Aggieville, has a nice bar for those that don't want to walk the two blocks to Aggieville. You can walk to the stadium from there.

I was at the KState Miami game this weekend. The tailgating scene is excellent. KState is a very good team this year, their backup QB who will start next year is real fast, no one knows if he can throw though.
    It isn't available yet on their website. The walk to the stadium looks awfully long from the Holiday Inn..

We're booked at the Fairfield right meow.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Manhattan is a very walking-distance friendly town. Lots of folks walk to the games. Cats fans are great and will gladly talk to you if you end up walking with them to the stadium.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It isn't available yet on their website. The walk to the stadium looks awfully long from the Holiday Inn..

We're booked at the Fairfield right meow.
    It's not a short walk, about 6 blocks. Parking is short around the stadium, unless you get a parking spot 5-6 hours before game time you can plan on spending 5-20 dollars to park. There are lots of tailgating lots, most of them have a cost depending on how close to the stadium you want to park. It will probably be a 6:00 PM game, there are shuttles from Aggieville.
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

It's not a short walk, about 6 blocks. Parking is short around the stadium, unless you get a parking spot 5-6 hours before game time you can plan on spending 5-20 dollars to park. There are lots of tailgating lots, most of them have a cost depending on how close to the stadium you want to park. It will probably be a 6:00 PM game, there are shuttles from Aggieville.

This isn't a short walk?????

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    This isn't a short walk?????
    OK, I deserved that one.
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

It looks a lot longer on Googlemaps! It says its almost 2 miles to the north side of the stadium...even so if it's 1.5 miles, that's quite a ways with a cooler, etc. I plan on being at tailgating early, per usual.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have a room at the Fairfield for now, may check Holiday Inn once it's available to book online.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

If you have never been to Manhattan, this is your play.

Hit the Purple Power Play on Poyntz (it's a pep rally) the night before the game. Great fun. Then hit Aggieville. I recommend Rusty's Last Chance....great bar. Eat at the Hibatchi Hut. KILLER food. Don't forget to order tater tots. You won't regret it.

Game day. Get there EARRRRRRRLY. K-State is the FBS equivalent of NDSU. Great tailgaiting fans that are extremelly friendly, unless you happen to be a KU douche bag. After the game, regardless of outcome, hit Aggieville. You won't regret it.

Manhattan really lives and breathes K-State sports. Truly a jewel in the FBS crown.

Things you can expect:
    1. LOTS of Wabash Canonball (student section takes contol at that point....enjoy).
    2. EMAW (look it up).
    3. Fun.
    4. Purple. LOTS AND LOTS of purple.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

...Colton Heagle will be back, Jensen, Williams et al will be seniors...

This is going to be a whale of a game to kick off the senior season of our most talented and well-coached class ever.

For you travel hackers/point collectors, here is what I have found:

1. Airport is serviced only by American Airlines. I am going to try to use miles and fly there through Dallas. Looks like Wichita and Kansas City are your other options, but over 100 miles one way.
    2. Hilton options are Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn. There we no point options for Hilton Garden, so I booked Hampton Inn. I got about 0.6 cents per point versus a prepaid rate, so very good redemption value. (25,000 points per night) I AM STAYING FOR FREE! (Well, in reality, those points cost me less than 0.2 cents per point.....) 3 miles from stadium.
    3. I would do Fairfield, but I am low on Marriott points and have a ton of Hilton Points thanks to Kum and Go.
    4. Lots of priority club and choice options if you have points in those programs.

My problem is, do I just drive from Sioux Falls? (about 355 miles) Right on the edge of where I would rather fly and I'd have to rent a car (only cash out lie). (which I can often do for cheap) Considering the price of gas, I will probably fly if I can get American flights right into MHK. Admittedly, I could end up burning 75K American miles if I bring two kids, so very tough decision. (Can't book yet; too far out.)
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 09-11-2012 at 02:58 PM.