Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CSU Recap

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default CSU Recap

Not sure if I needed to start a new thread about our trip to Fort Collins, the game, or anything else about the weekend, but here it is. Please feel free to add anything you'd like to share about your amazing experience.

We left Fargo Friday morning and headed for Kearney, NE. My dad gets discounted rooms at any Carlton Hotel chain, so we booked rooms at the Country Inn & Suites. We figured we could break the drive up a bit by getting about 8 1/2-9 hours down the road, and finish the next 4+ on Saturday. We had a nice dinner at a place called "The Cellar", and hit the pool and hot tub after that. We ran into a nice couple at the pool that said they were from Lincoln. We told him we were Bison fans and he says he went to grade school and high school with Coach Bohl. Had a great time talking to them and they shared stories of coach when he was growing up in Lincoln, and also talked plenty of U of Nebraska football. Saturday we got going about 9 and arrived in Fort Collins at about 2:30. Met up with some people we knew, ate some brats, relaxed in the shade, and got some pictures from the hill where everyone else was at. Our friend that travels with the team came out and ate a quick burger and we were able to get a run down of the pregame chatter. He mentioned Smith would dress but wouldn't play. He was also impressed with CSU coming out of the buses in suits, and that they looked pretty athletic. He also introduced us to Ryan Smiths dad and had a nice chat with him. He and his wife were tailgating with a large group of player parents, all from the same class as Ryan. Becks, Olsons, Jiriks, etc. Ryans dad, and I forgot his name, looks like he could suit up for the Herd as well and return some punts. Headed in a little early to escape the sun. Not complaining, but it was getting a little warm out there on such a beautiful September day. We had North endzone seats, but looked to the West and saw quite a few empty chair seats up high, on the 50, so we went over there and sat with the Ram fans. As far as game thoughts, a lot has been mentioned already that I agree with and noticed but I'll add a few more things. Trevor Gebhardt stepped up big time and it's nice to see him healthy. He made some really nice catches, including one on the near sideline that was ruled incomplete, that I think was a catch. Vraa, great hands. Grant Olson is making me quickly forget about Preston Evans in the middle. He may even have better pursuit speed than Evans, but Evans was a solid hole filler and could lay the wood. Brock Jensen is the team leader, and will not be denied. Love the way he runs, stays home in the pocket, and delivers an absolutely beautiful ball that only our receiver can catch. Does anyone remember that run by Crockett in the 4th where it was like 3rd and 7 or 8, and he turned the corner on the near side and picked up the 1st by a half yard? To me, that might have been one of the better runs I saw him make all game. What a great #2 we've got. Heagle going out is too bad, but I think it just creates oppurtunities for others to step up and prove themselves. The drive in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty. I love walking out of those stadiums and not having to say anything to the opposing fan base, because we all knew the Bison would win, expected them to win, and watched them dominate the other team. The CSU fans were very complimentary of our fans base and team, and that's awesome. The state of Colorado and any recruits just saw a FCS team come to their state that is better than both of their big time programs, and that can only help with recruiting. After the game, we went back to Kearney, and that was a long drive. But easier to handle after the W.

So anyway, sorry for the book I just wrote, but I don't post very often, so I made up for that right here. Sure is fun being a Bison fan these days!!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Default Re: CSU Recap

I appreciate your contribution, but any story that doesn't involve strippers, jail time, hitchhiking, someone puking on the bus, etc...Just seems like a Chevy Chase trip to me, I hope you had a nice dinner with your parents? Sorry, I just had to do it.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's ok, don't feel bad about having to do it. But, welcome to the board. If you've been around for any length of time, you'd know my mom died last June of Pancreatic cancer and I cherish these Bison road trips with my dad. And I don't drink alcohol, so no puking from me. I know I know, it would be sooo much cooler to be referenced in a newpaper for the entire state of Colorado to see, about wearing Jagermister beads around my neck, or to be known for rainforest shenanigans with my bitches, but that's not how I roll, so you're welcome.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 9>1 View Post
    It's ok, don't feel bad about having to do it. But, welcome to the board. If you've been around for any length of time, you'd know my mom died last June of Pancreatic cancer and I cherish these Bison road trips with my dad. And I don't drink alcohol, so no puking from me. I know I know, it would be sooo much cooler to be referenced in a newpaper for the entire state of Colorado to see, about wearing Jagermister beads around my neck, or to be known for rainforest shenanigans with my bitches, but that's not how I roll, so you're welcome.
    I think it's cool you go on road trips with the old man....I wish I could do the same thing with my dad but he's a UND fan

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison-Knuckle View Post
    I think it's cool you go on road trips with the old man....I wish I could do the same thing with my dad but he's a UND fan
    I wish I could go on a road trip with the young lady in your avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by 9>1 View Post
    Rainforest is dead bro...along with the bitches.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    I wish I could go on a road trip with the young lady in your avatar.
    yum. 10 char.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Rainforest is dead bro...along with the bitches.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    We should start a petition.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Thanks for the post. Good stuff.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I had a great time also!! Flew into FNL direct from LAS and realized I was in nowhere hippyland when I left the terminal and found no taxi's waiting. Hour later Taxi showed up and took me to the condo we rented a few blocks away from Old Towne. Spent the day goofing around and walking around Old Towne. Nearly every bar had one Bison Fan in it and this was Thursday at 5pm. Ended the nigh at Drunken Monkey not realizing this would be a trend. Friday morning the rest of my crew drove in from Fargo and again Friday night I took 2 buddies to Druken Monkey. This time we posted up on the patio and hung my Bison flag. Every 5 minutes there was a crew of Bison faithfuls coming by and Let's Go Bison chants where echoing off the buildings. Night came to an end at DM and the DJ said "hope eveyrone enjoys the CSU NDSU game" and with that the Bison fans start the Let's go Bison chant with me standing in the middle of the bar waving my flag. Saturday we checked out tailgating for about 20 minutes, but when you dont have your own set up it makes it tough to enjoy so we went into the game early. I was section H and before the first quarter was over, a majority of the CSU season ticket holders in H had moved over to G because they didnt like to stand. My boys were in 108 and I sat with them 2nd half after the sun went down. They said they were cheering so loud that nearly every person around them had left. After the game we headed over to DM for a third straight night and to my surprise it was 90% Bison fans. Every person at DM said they had never seen anything like this from an opposing team. A few said Boise travels this well, but they didnt seem to care about the game as much as we did. Bartender who had worked there for 18 months siad he had never seen so much Captain Morgen sold in one night and that was at 1130.

WHAT A GREAT TRIP

Also got to meet Endzone, Longhorn and Hando for the first time!!