Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MVFC FBS games Week 2

Default Re: MVFC FBS games Week 2

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Considering their financial situation I highly doubt it.
    You must not have heard. UNI is going FBS
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I think one of the games is to pay for their new turf. Their AD was quoted recently saying that the second game was to pay for a capital improvement. He didn't specifically say turf, but the numbers would roughly match up.
    Do they have to replace the Mondo turf already that they installed in 2009? I heard they were having problems with all the seams, but figured they could get a few more years out of it.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Do they have to replace the Mondo turf already that they installed in 2009? I heard they were having problems with all the seams, but figured they could get a few more years out of it.
    Forget I said anything about it. I was looking at the quote again and realized the speaker was Missouri State's AD and not UNI's. The article was comparing how both schools have scheduled two FBS games in recent years(2011 & 2012 for MSU and 2012 for UNI). The MSU AD must have been talking about their new stadium improvements. My bad.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college...5f9334ee2.html

On the other hand, right after the quote I screwed up is GT talking about how NDSU won't be playing many non-BCS teams anymore. The goal now is bigger names and bigger paydays. (sorry if this was posted before)
    "After we got eligible for the playoffs, Coach Bohl and I had a pretty long discussion philosophically," Taylor said. "As long as we don't have to do that we will always just play one (FBS team) and we'll try to get that one to as high a (guaranteed) number as we possibly can. We're going to try to play the bigger BCS opponents from the bigger conferences as opposed to the MACs and WACs of the world."
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 09-16-2012 at 05:35 PM.