Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Accross the Plains of ND

Default Far Accross the Plains of ND

Tonight the correct version was sung at the pep rally lead by a group of former players. The crowd loved it. Mike Fairburn(sp) came up to me after and said ---he loved that version but they made them clean it up when he played and would let them sing it that way. I told him---we werent politically correct back then and we certainly dont give a damn if we arent politically correct now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Far Accross the Plains of ND

Teh buttaviation students have started going around to airshows. They made the building move.

repost

I thought it was across the plains of Fargo

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    I thought it was across the plains of Fargo
    There are many deviations. The version I am familar with is actually titled "on the plains"... of north dakota standing there for all to see....
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

PL has changed his mind then, here is a direct quote from him in June of this year:

"When I was there it was "call it university" and yes it is supposed to be "plains of Fargo"

PL has changed his mind then, here is a direct quote from him in June of this year:

"When I was there it was "call it university" and yes it is supposed to be "plains of Fargo"
    I have not changed my mind. I have always sang it ---Far across the plains of Fargo. The post I was responding to was saying "across the plains of ND" I believe.

Nice try.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I have not changed my mind. I have always sang it ---Far across the plains of Fargo. The post I was responding to was saying "across the plains of ND" I believe.

Nice try.
    Nice try? Look at the title of this thread, you made it!!!! Why wouldn't you make the title of the thread "across the plains of fargo" if that's what you believe?? Have you seen the "bison horns" yet? Or is that still just made up too?

Nice try? Look at the title of this thread, you made it!!!! Why wouldn't you make the title of the thread "across the plains of fargo" if that's what you believe?? Have you seen the "bison horns" yet? Or is that still just made up too?
    Again I will repeat just for you troll boy---its "far across the plains of Fargo"---just like the title of this thread, just like we sang it.

I think you have Dementia, the title of the thread is "far across the plains of ND" Are you serious right now? I want people to finally see you for what you are, a blowhard. Some people are starting to see it, you have no idea PL.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ok then...who wants to post the "correct" version of that song. I too have heard many different versions while I was in school.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011